Deadline: 1 May 2019
World Wildlife Fund (WWF) is seeking applications for its Professional Development Grants (PDGs) to provide support for mid-career conservationists to pursue short-term, non-degree training to upgrade their knowledge and skills.
These trainings can include short courses, certificate trainings, or conferences among other training opportunities.
PDGs support training-related costs, including registration fees and tuition, meals and accommodations, books and materials, international travel, visa fees, and local transportation. Training may take place anywhere in the world.
Applicants can request up to $6,500.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility criteria to be considered for a grant:
- Applicants must be a citizen of an eligible country.
- Applicants must currently be living and working in their home country.
- Applicants must have at least three years of paid work experience in a conservation-related field in their home country.
- Applicants must have applied to or already be accepted to participate in the proposed training at the time applicant submit their application.
- Applicants current work and proposed training must help advance conservation in their home country.
- Applicants must not be enrolled in an academic degree program.
- Applicants must have approval from their employer to participate in the proposed training and the promise of continued employment.
- Applicants must have a bank account in their own name that can receive US dollars and international wire transfers.
- Applicants must not have received funding from EFN in the past. Previous PDG recipients may be eligible for Alumni Grants.
- The proposed training must take place at least 90 days after the application deadline.
- Applicants must submit all required documents by the application deadline.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Belize, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Colombia, Dem. Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Fiji, French Guiana, Gabon, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Indonesia, Kenya, Laos, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Republic of Congo, Solomon Islands, Suriname, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.worldwildlife.org/projects/professional-development-grants