Deadline: 30 November 2019
The World Wide Fund (WWF)-India has launched the Small Grants Innovation Program in order to encourage young Indians to respond innovatively and independently to the conservation issues which affect the country.
The grants will be used to fund research and initiatives which especially demonstrate innovation that is replicable, scalable and sustainable. Around the globe, conservationists are employing the latest technological advances to make a difference for people, wildlife, oceans, forests and clean water.
Established as a Charitable Trust on 27 November, 1969, WWF-India set out with the aim of reducing the degradation of Earth’s natural environment and building a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. In 1987, the organization changed it’s name from the World Wildlife Fund to World Wide Fund for Nature-India.
WWF-India is a science-based organization which addresses issues such as the conservation of species and its habitats, climate change, water and environmental education, among many others.
The SGIP (Small Grants Innovation Program) will provide grants to individuals for activities and/or research that address issues and offer solutions or insights towards:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Species and habitat related problems and concerns – with a focus on immediate threats and issues
- Enabling communities and other stakeholders to address local environmental concerns
- Improving local livelihoods through conservation and natural resource management or promoting livelihoods that reduce impacts on biodiversity
- Aspects of trade involving wildlife species
- Increasing understanding on the status of lesser known or lesser studied species of wildlife
- Innovative approaches to awareness raising regarding environmental concerns
- Demonstrating individual or collective action towards conservation outcomes
Funding Information and Duration
- WWF-India is offering eligible individuals a one-time grant of upto INR 400,000 over a maximum period of 2 years for undertaking conservation research/ action research.
- Funds will be provided to the successful individual in a phased manner – 50% on acceptance, 30% on a successful mid-term review and 20% on approval of a satisfactory final report submitted by the project leader on or near the completion of the project.
What will the program not support
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Cash payments for direct budgetary support to an organization
- Payment for ongoing projects and for expenses of recurring nature
- Organization of seminars, meetings and conferences, except where it can be demonstrated that the organization of such a meeting is critical to achieving the larger objectives of this grant
- Sponsorship to attend conferences, workshops, training programs in India or abroad
- Large scale construction and high capital costs
- Purchase of vehicles
- Proposals from Government employees and departments
Criteria for Selection
Applicants must demonstrate sound knowledge of environmental conservation and of the particular geographical area or issue that they wish to contribute to through their project. The duration of the project should be between 6 to 24 months and the scale of the project should be such that funding awarded covers the total or the majority of the requirements.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Proposals meeting some or all of the following criteria will receive priority consideration:
- Contribute to WWF India’s mission of conservation and priority will be given to initiatives located in WWF India’s priority landscapes or geographies
- Achieve a clear outcome within the project timeframe that can be scaled up or replicated
- Encourage participatory or community-based conservation and natural resource management
- Introduce innovative approaches that can demonstrate conservation impact
- Have a clearly articulated rationale that demonstrates urgency and need for the work
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- All grants are considered for funding on a competitive merit basis. A screening committee at WWF-India will evaluate the selection of grantees based on the aforementioned criteria along with the technical strength of the applicant to ensure a successful and sustainable project.
- Applications will be reviewed internally by the Small Grant manager and a wider team of experts within WWF India. The team will also help fine-tune and lend resources toward the project, where appropriate, such that its direction and conclusions are clearly focused. The final reports should also include a full financial report on expenditures made as part of the project. Acknowledgement of support provided by WWF-India should be mentioned on related publications or communications.
How to Apply
To be considered for a Small Grant for Innovation, interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- A completed project proposal
- A current curriculum vitae
- At least two professional references (details to be added in the proposal)
Please submit proposals at the address given on the website.
For more information, plese visit https://www.wwfindia.org/about_wwf/small_grants_innovation_program/