Deadline: 1 November 2018
Young African Women in Leadership is seeking proposals for its Small Grant Program to support young women’s groups to contribute in building an inclusive and equal society for women and girl on the continent.
Project proposal should address issues relating to girls Education, Leadership and Economic Empowerment for rural young women and girls Under the Theme: With her, a skilled Girlforce.
The international day of the girl child is an international day declared by the United Nations on October 11, 2012 to observe and support opportunities for girls and increase awareness of gender inequality faced by girls worldwide. To commemorate this year international day of the girl child, YAWL is opening a small grant call for project proposal from young women’s group operating in the following countries: Cameroon, Ghana, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tunisia and Zambia.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Eligible projects should have a budget of no more than $1,000 Maximum. Only one project will be selected for the grant and the project for this grant should be for a period of not more than six months. With addition to the grant, YAWL will provide technical support to the winner throughout the project implementation.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
For a project proposal to be eligible for the grant, the proposal must:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Come from the following YAWL member countries. (Cameroon, Ghana, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tunisia and Zambia)
- Proposal must be in English.
- Proposal must come from young women’s group. Grant will be awarded to group consist of men and women but young women must make 50% of the group leadership.
Proposals will be evaluated using the following criteria:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Project must be within YAWL focus Themes.
- Project must have creativity, innovation and value for money
- Project must include working with partners in the country/community.
- Project must have a specific location in the country (Town, Village, chiefdom, district or region) and a clear sustainability plan.
- Project must have clear objective/s, outcomes, activity plan, expected results and budget.
- Project must benefit young African women and girls.
- Any template can be used to develop the proposal, but Project proposal must not be more than 10 pages including how grant disbursement should be made. Proposal should be submitted with a detail budget in local currency and USD. Both proposal and budget must be submitted in pdf.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit proposals at the address given on the website
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2Dbrn6j