Deadline: 10 November 2019
SchoolHouse Connection is the nation’s leading expert on the early care and education of children and youth experiencing homelessness. They provide strategic advocacy and technical assistance in partnership with early childhood programs, schools, institutions of higher education, service providers, families, and youth.
It aims at Children and Youth experiencing homelessness have full access to quality learning, birth through higher education, so they will never be homeless as adults, and the next generation will never be homeless.
- Provides scholarships to youth who have experienced homelessness to ensure their completion of a post-secondary education program;
- Assists youth with financial aid processes, mental health advocacy and referrals, professional legal advocacy and referrals, and assistance in locating and establishing local contacts for general support and services;
- Builds a stable peer and adult support network for recipients, before, during, and after their college careers, and into their transition into the workforce;
- Offers young people meaningful opportunities to engage in advocacy, while providing sustained support services to help ensure graduation and success in life.
- $2,000 scholarship award;
- A minimum of 10 scholarships are awarded;
- A trip to a national awards ceremony (travel and expenses included);
- Second gathering in Washington, DC, one year after the initial scholarship award (all expenses included).
- Applicants must have been born on or after Nov. 9, 1999;
- Applicants must be entering college for the first time during the 2020-21 school year. This means that the application is for high school seniors; for those who are in GED programs; or for those who have taken a gap year;
- Applicants who have experienced homelessness within the last six years are eligible to apply;
- Undocumented students who meet these criteria are eligible;
- Students must reside in the United States.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, visit this link.