Deadline: 31 October 2019
The YSEALI Seeds for the Future program is sponsored by U.S. Department of State and is funded through a grant from the U.S. Mission to ASEAN. Cultural Vistas will administer the program through 2020.
It provides funding for the region’s most promising young leaders to carry out projects that improve their communities, countries and the region.
Launched in 2013, the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) is the U.S. government’s signature program to strengthen leadership development and networking in Southeast Asia. Through a variety of programs and engagements, YSEALI seeks to build the leadership capabilities of youth in the region, strengthen ties between the United States and Southeast Asia, and nurture an ASEAN community of leaders who work across borders to solve common issues.
All Projects must address at least one of the four core YSEALI Themes :
- Civic Engagement;
- Economic Growth;
- Sustainable Development.
- All projects are eligible for up to $15,000 in funding.
- ALL applicant teams must include only citizens from one or more of the following nations: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam;
- All main team-members (Project Leader, Secretary, and Treasurer) must be 18-35 years old;
- Applicants must be registered members of YSEALI, and be from one of the 11 YSEALI nations;
- All additional team-members are encouraged to become YSEALI members;
- Teams will be selected to receive a small grant to implement a project in one or more of the YSEALI member nations;
- Projects that involve more than one country are encouraged;
- Each team must have at least three members, and each applicant team must designate a Project Leader, a Project Secretary and a Project Treasurer.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via website.
For more information, please visit http://www.culturalvistas.org/ysealiseeds/