If you are thinking of bringing a change in society, then youths are one of the most influential change factors with immense potential that will help you get it. Here, we have made a list of various open opportunities for youth and adolescents that will help you achieve Sustainable Development Goals with the help of today’s young people!
Please visit the list by clicking Next.
Applications Open for Rise Challenge
Rise invites 15-17 year olds from around the world to participate in the Rise Challenge.
Rise is a program that finds brilliant people who need opportunity and supports them for life as they work to serve others. The program starts at ages 15–17 and offers a lifetime of benefits including scholarships, mentorship, access to career development opportunities, funding, and more as Global Winners work toward solving humanity’s most pressing problems.
The Rise Challenge has three stages. Applicants introduce themselves through videos, create an individual project that demonstrates their talents and benefits their communities, and peer review other applicants’ projects, among other activities.
- All Rise global winners receive access to the following benefits and participate in the following programs upon selection:
- Residential Summit: An invitation to attend a fully-funded, three-week residential summit with other members of the Rise Global Winner cohort — to be held in a rotating location globally for each new cohort — as well as to join network events in subsequent years.
- Mentorship & Career Services: Mentors paired with each Global Winner to provide personal, academic, or professional guidance, and specialized career services for internships and jobs.
- Programming: Virtual and in-person leadership and educational courses designed specifically for the Global Winner cohort, and a service commitment made through the Global Winner Pledge.
- Global Winner Network: Access to a network of other Global Winners across cohorts to connect on common interests, make service commitments, launch enterprises, and collaborate together.
- Higher Education Scholarships: A four-year, post-secondary scholarship at any accredited university, including tuition and a living stipend, based on need and where not already covered by financial aid.
- Technology: Technology packages, such as laptops or tablets, to be determined each year.
- In addition, all rise global winners will have the opportunity to apply for the following benefits over their lifetime:
- Partner Network: Opportunity to be matched to programs, secondary school scholarships, internships, and other benefits from partners who are part of the Rise network.
- Funding Opportunities: Opportunity to apply for funding to experiment with innovative ideas to address major problems in local communities or around the world — ranging from seed money to start a social enterprise to a grant for a non-profit. Funds will be designated for these purposes in a total pooled amount of at least $ 5 million per year of the program.
- Education Support: Opportunity to apply for scholarship funds for a graduate degree.
What does Rise look for?
Rise Global Winners hail from around the world and demonstrate brilliance in a range of disciplines. Some may excel in STEM fields, others may show outstanding artistic ability, and others may have a gift for community service and organizing.
All Rise Global Winners demonstrate the five Rise Traits:
- Applicants for the 2022 cohort must be between the ages of 15 and 17 as of July 1, 2022, meaning they are born on or between July 2, 2004 and July 1, 2007.
- It does not matter what country they live in, background they come from, or academic experience they have. Whether they are interested in science, innovation, technology, art, policy, community organizing, or any other discipline— want to hear from them.
- Rise is a program that finds brilliant people who need opportunity and supports them for life as they work to serve others. They understand that economic barriers are not the only challenges that keep brilliant people from serving others throughout their lives.
For more information, visit https://apply.risefortheworld.org/