Please visit the list by clicking Next.
SAAF Flexible Grants for NGOs working on Access to Safe Abortion
The Safe Abortion Action Fund (SAAF) is providing grants to organisations in low- and middle-income countries working to improve access to safe abortion.
Funding can be used for any work related to abortion, such as provision of services, advocacy, education and research.
SAAF is the only international fund focused exclusively on the right to safe and legal abortion, supporting organisations in low- and middle-income countries.
The initial grant on offer is for a maximum of USD $65,000, for a period of up to 2 years. The grant start date will be 1 October 2022.
SAAF does not Fund
- Government departments and agencies
- University departments
- For-profit organisations
- UN agencies
- Branches, affiliates, or local offices of international organisations, even if registered in an eligible country
- Organisations headquartered in countries that are eligible countries
- Only organisations with an annual income (in 2021) of USD $1,500,000 or lower are eligible.
- Your organisation must be headquartered in an eligible country.
- Being headquartered is more than just having a local registration. They only fund organisations which have their main operations in eligible countries and can define their own strategy, brand identity and governance fully independently from international organisations headquartered in the Global North.
- They cannot fund organisations in other countries because most of SAAF’s funds come from government donor agencies, whose funds can only be legally disbursed to organisations located in countries on the list of Official Development Assistance Recipients, published by the Development Assistance Committee of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (DAC-OECD).
- If your organisation is not registered, you will need a registered organisation in an eligible country to act as your fiscal sponsor.
- Regional organisations, and regional/national networks and consortia are eligible.
For more information, visit https://saafund.org/apply-for-funding/