UNDP Accelerator Lab in partnership with the Ministry of Tourism, Environment and Culture (MTEC) in consultation with Lesotho Tourism Development Corporation (LTDC) intends to provide open and free online multimedia training to document tourist attractions sites in Lesotho and participate in developing a Lesotho national photo bank on tourism attractions.
UNDP is the UN global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build better and resilient lives. It works with individual countries on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. UNDP Lesotho is implementing its Country Programme (2019-2023) anchored on the Lesotho National Strategic Development Plan (NSDP II) the UNDAF (2019–2023) and guided by the UNDP Strategic Plan (2018–2021). The Programme comprises three pillars:
- Governance, for Accountability, Social Cohesion and Stability;
- Sustainable and Inclusive Economic Growth and
- Environmental Sustainability, Climate Change and Resilience.
- The main objective of this exercise is to enhance tourism product development, promote both domestic and international tourism and to develop a Photo Bank that will complement this exercise on marketing. This is aimed at improving the livelihoods of the communities within these attractions as well as the tourism sector in its entirety. Interested individuals and service providers are invited to indicate their interest in being part this multimedia capacity building exercise.
- The call for expression of interest is open to everyone who has relevant and proven experience in traveling within the country, photography and videography services, and interest and passion for the development of the tourism sector in Lesotho
- The call is also open to all organized groups in the sector e.g. hikers, tour guides, tour operators, etc Knowledge of Lesotho and its tourist attractions
- The call for expression of interest is open to everyone who has relevant and proven experience in traveling within the country, photography and videography services and interest and passion on the development of the tourism sector in Lesotho
- The call is also open to all organized groups in the sector e.g. hikers, tour guides, tour operators etc
- Knowledge of Lesotho and its tourism attractions
- Potential Photographers and Videographers will be considered for capacity building aimed at enhancing their skills
- The candidates will be expected to capture tourist attractions nationwide for the development of the Photo Bank
- There is No specified cost associated to use of photos and videos, however there are opportunities and incentives that shall be agreed upon.
- Proven availability of required equipment i.e. cameras, access to internet and related equipment e.g. smart gadget, computer etc
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=96387