The Photography 4 Humanity is looking for images that show people impacted by the escalating climate crisis.
They include climate refuges, the very young, the very old, the disabled and injured, the poor, indigenous and island people, and women. Images of climate champions advocating for change, and those helping to mitigate and reverse climate change are welcome too.
Photography 4 Humanity is an international initiative created by Right Here, Right Now that calls on photographers around the world to bring to life the power of human rights through their images. Highlighting the most compelling imagery — illustrating courage, despair, hope, injustice, compassion, human rights failures or victories in ways small and large — the images serve to inspire people to personally get involved and to take a stand for human rights.
- The 2023 Global Prize Recipient will receive $5,000 USD
- The Global Prize Recipient, Top 10 Finalists and Top 20 Honorable Mentions photos will be exhibited globally on UN.org, beginning December 10, 2023 – UN Human Rights Day, and promoted globally via social media.
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older to enter
- All photography must relate to people being impacted by climate change, and/or people trying to reverse and/or mitigate climate change
- Must include photographer name, title, date, location and description of each photograph submitted
- All images must have been taken within between September 1, 2022 and August 31, 2023
For more information, visit Photography 4 Humanity Global Prize Competition.