Deadline: 13 May 2019
Applications are now open for Media-X Prototype Grant Scheme (the “Scheme”): a prototype fund to promote media innovation and the development of new media and social enterprises which is a pilot funding initiative launched by the Journalism and Media Studies Centre (“JMSC”) of the University of Hong Kong (“HKU). It aims to work with industry innovators to cultivate and promote innovation in the news and media industry.
Grantees from the scheme will benefit from different services and resource support including entrepreneurship training, use of work spaces at the JMSC, and funding support for developing media solutions.
Features and Privileges
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Teams successful in being admitted to the Scheme will receive the following supports:
- Access to working space in Eliot Hall and access to support from the JMSC.
- A series of multi-disciplinary entrepreneurship trainings through workshops, seminars, visits, etc.,
- A prototype grant (PGS) will be awarded to successful projects for prototyping, market testing, validation of the project idea, with mentoring and facility support throughout the development cycle.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Up to a maximum amount $150,000 HKD per award team/project.
- The grant period is usually 3 months or 6 months, depending on the project scope and nature, with extension of no more than 3 months on an exceptional basis.
Media Innovators in Asia-Pacific who fulfill the following conditions:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Are located in the following country/regions: Greater China including Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand.
- Apply as a team of 1-3 members. (A minimum of 2 team members are recommend)
How to Apply
Application form can be found via the given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://media-x.asia/