Deadline: 28 February 2017
The British Council is seeking applications for its journalism competition “Future News Worldwide” with an aim to assist young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills and to establish the UK as a global leader in the nurturing of young journalists and media figures.
Underlying this, the programme will help build strong and lasting connections to the next generation of media leaders across the globe.
The programme centres around a 2-day annual conference which will take place at the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh, on 6th and 7th July 2017. With English as the working language, the conference offers aspiring young journalists from across the world the opportunity to develop practical and editorial skills and hear directly from some of the world’s most high-profile industry leaders.
The conference is fully funded, with the British Council covering the following costs for successful delegates:
- Conference costs
- Travel to and from Edinburgh (including visas if applicable)
- Meals and accommodation
The Competition is open to individuals of any nationality who meet all the criteria below:
- Aged 18-25 on 1 July 2017
- A registered university undergraduate student, or have graduated within the last year
- Dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- Able to travel to the UK for the Conference on 6 and 7 July 2017
- A native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Future News Worldwide.