Deadline: 3 January 2019
World Press Photo is inviting entries for its 2019 Digital Storytelling Contest that rewards those producing the best forms of visual journalism enabled by these changes.
- The prize-winning photographs are assembled into an exhibition that travels to 45 countries and is seen by more than 4 million people each year. The winning pictures are also published in the yearbook, which is available in multiple languages, and can be purchased in their store.
- The winners of The World Press Photo of the Year and The World Press Photo Story of the Year awards will receive €10,000 each. This means all contest winners will share in prizes totaling more than €130,000 in value.
- All nominees are brought to Amsterdam in April to receive their prize at the annual Awards Show. This takes place just before the World Press Photo Festival, an event to which winnners are invited, featuring photographer presentations, screenings and talks. Read more about the prizes.
- The Digital Storytelling Contest is only open to entries that include the work of a professional visual journalist.
- The visual journalist(s) must be the author(s) of the material submitted in his/her/their name.
- The visual journalist(s), or the agent or representative entering on their behalf, must be the copyright holder(s) or have been authorized by the copyright holder(s) to submit the material.
- Agents or representatives entering on behalf of a production team confirm, by entering, that each member of the production team accepts all the entry rules.
- Entries in all categories must have been produced or first published in 2018.
- All entries must include the contact details of the visual journalist(s) and of the production’s contact person.
- All entries must include a title, synopsis and complete list of the production team.
- All productions must either have English-language audio and/or text or must be subtitled in English.
How to Apply
Entries to the photo contest may only be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.worldpressphoto.org/activities/photo-contest