Deadline: 10 October 2019
Applications are now open for Daniele Tamagni Grant which is an international photography grant designed to sponsor young and emerging Photographers, funding a Scholarship.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Grant, thanks to its partners and the panel members creates the opportunity of important global references in the Photo and Media industry, including important publishers and galleries. Elevating Creativity to a Profession, thanks to the scholarship the recipient of the Grant will be in the position to become a positive agent of change, shining new light over the evolution of the African identity.
This is an international Photography Grant with funding for a Scholarship for higher education and is designed to sponsor young and emerging photographers. The spirit of this initiative promotes the dissemination of the African culture, its creativity, the impact of its visual aesthetics on the continent and the diaspora and the in-depth exploration of the photography media.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Recipient of the Scholarship will be entitled to :
- A return Economy class air-ticket from the place of residence to Johannesburg ZA.
- Assistance in the visa application, when required.
- Health and Repatriation Medical Insurance for the length of the Scholarship.
- A monthly bursary of 9,000 ZAR for accommodation, meals, transport and other out of pocket expenses.
- Curation of a new body of work to be developed during the Scholarship and to be presented for admission to the 2020 edition of the Festival Visa pour l’Image.
- The Recipient of the Scholarship in September 2020 will travel to Perpignan, during the Visa pour l’Image.
- There the Recipient will be introduced to international Photo Editors and, based on the quality of the portfolio earlier presented, have the opportunity to take part in dedicated programs and conferences.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must verify that:
- Her/his age is between 18- 30 years (as at July 31st 2019);
- To be the sole author of the photographs;
- Has ownership of the proprietary rights in the photographs;
- The submitted portfolio does not infringe third party copyrights or violates privacy rights;
- Credits, captions and authorial terms exclusively belong the applicant and the Recipient agrees for communication, promotion and cultural initiatives; and
- The Daniele Tamagni Estate will license, with terms of perpetuity and free of rights, the use of the pictures from the Submission and Graduation Portfolios (the digital files and its reproduction).
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
- Each applicant must submit the following:
- a portfolio of min 20, max 30, fully captioned images, 72 DPI (jpg), 1200 pixels longest size, captioned
- max 2 projects with a synopsis or a description of the project(s). (PDF, max 500 strokes)
- a declaration of proficiency and command of English to follow the Scholarship
- a short bio and a motivation statement for attending the course
- only, when feasible, a brief testimonial by their Teacher(s).
For more information, please visit http://www.danieletamagni.com/#/