Deadline: 10 October 2019
Applications are now open for Daniele Tamagni Grant which is an international photography grant designed to sponsor young and emerging Photographers, funding a Scholarship.
The Grant, thanks to its partners and the panel members creates the opportunity of important global references in the Photo and Media industry, including important publishers and galleries. Elevating Creativity to a Profession, thanks to the scholarship the recipient of the Grant will be in the position to become a positive agent of change, shining new light over the evolution of the African identity.
This is an international Photography Grant with funding for a Scholarship for higher education and is designed to sponsor young and emerging photographers. The spirit of this initiative promotes the dissemination of the African culture, its creativity, the impact of its visual aesthetics on the continent and the diaspora and the in-depth exploration of the photography media.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Recipient of the Scholarship will be entitled to :
- A return Economy class air-ticket from the place of residence to Johannesburg ZA.
- Assistance in the visa application, when required.
- Health and Repatriation Medical Insurance for the length of the Scholarship.
- A monthly bursary of 9,000 ZAR for accommodation, meals, transport and other out of pocket expenses.
- Curation of a new body of work to be developed during the Scholarship and to be presented for admission to the 2020 edition of the Festival Visa pour l’Image.
- The Recipient of the Scholarship in September 2020 will travel to Perpignan, during the Visa pour l’Image.
- There the Recipient will be introduced to international Photo Editors and, based on the quality of the portfolio earlier presented, have the opportunity to take part in dedicated programs and conferences.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must verify that:
- Her/his age is between 18- 30 years (as at July 31st 2019);
- To be the sole author of the photographs;
- Has ownership of the proprietary rights in the photographs;
- The submitted portfolio does not infringe third party copyrights or violates privacy rights;
- Credits, captions and authorial terms exclusively belong the applicant and the Recipient agrees for communication, promotion and cultural initiatives; and
- The Daniele Tamagni Estate will license, with terms of perpetuity and free of rights, the use of the pictures from the Submission and Graduation Portfolios (the digital files and its reproduction).
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
- Each applicant must submit the following:
- a portfolio of min 20, max 30, fully captioned images, 72 DPI (jpg), 1200 pixels longest size, captioned
- max 2 projects with a synopsis or a description of the project(s). (PDF, max 500 strokes)
- a declaration of proficiency and command of English to follow the Scholarship
- a short bio and a motivation statement for attending the course
- only, when feasible, a brief testimonial by their Teacher(s).
For more information, please visit http://www.danieletamagni.com/#/