Deadline: 1 July 2019
The work period is three-month full time or around 90 days, divided in several smaller work periods between February 2020 and December 2020. FLACC offers an accommodation, a workplace, covered travel expenses as well as a small production budget.
FLACC provides practical, material and financial assistance through extended collaborations with artists. The selected artists can, in this way, count on an extensive level of long term support. They can fully concentrate on their projects, whose process-driven realisation, worked out in collaboration with FLACC, is often just as important as the physical result itself.
FLACC suggests that this realization is sometimes even secondary to the deployment of activities which can aid the artistic development of the artist, such as theoretical deepening, experimentation and networking. Projects that strengthen the development of the artist, engage in reflection, or manifest an experimental character are preferred over projects in which the realization of one or more works are central.
FLACC has metal and woodworking workshops, a digital studio (film and photography), and a foundry with a furnace and kilns for ceramics, bronze and glass applications, and an extensive workspace. The staff is knowledgeable about the production possibilities of nearby workplaces and collaborates with those workplaces and with schools and companies to give the artists the best possible support and assistance.
Crucial elements in the FLACC workplace projects are:
- theoretical research,
- input from experts,
- practical feasibility, and
- an output in relation with the studio labour,
- The call is open for all visual artists. Due to the diversity of their workshops, the application is open for projects in various media and disciplines.
- Projects with interest in artistic labour, challenging the notion of a ‘workplace’ or with a focus on experiment are preferable.
- FLACC introduces renowned and promising foreign artists into the Belgian artistic landscape. But young talent and experienced Belgian artists are also supported, even across borders.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.flacc.info/en/opencall