Entries are now open for Global Peace Photo Award 2023 that recognizes and promotes photographers from all over the world whose pictures capture human efforts towards a peaceful world and the quest for beauty and goodness lives.
The award goes to those photographs that best express the idea that their future lies in peaceful coexistence.
The Global Peace Photo Award is awarded by Edition Lammerhuber in partnership with Photographische Gesellschaft, (PHG), UNESCO, Austrian Parliament, Austrian Parliamentary Reporting Association, International Press Institute (IPI), World Press Photo Foundation, POY LATAM and LensCulture.
- The Peace Image of the Year will receive € 10,000. It will be on display for one year in the Austrian Parliament and will be included in the permanent art collection of the Austrian Parliament.
- The top five listed photographers will be awarded the Alfred Fried Peace Medal.
- They will be on display for one year in the Austrian Parliament.
- The Global Peace Photo Award is open to all photographers from anywhere in the world.
- The participants of the Global Peace Photo Award 2022 can look forward to a series of exhibitions: For example the winning pictures and a best-of the-shortlist were shown at the Festival La Gacilly-Baden Photo, the largest outdoor photo festival in Europe, with over 300 000 visitors.
- All winners will be invited to Vienna to the award ceremony at the Austrian Parliament on 19 September 2023 with travel expenses and accommodation paid. The images will be shown for one year in the Auditorium of the Austrian Parliament.
- The international jury of the Global Peace Photo Award will judge the photographs on artistic merit, originality, subject and style.
For more information, visit Global Peace Photo Award.