Deadline: 1 December 2016
International Center for Journalists (ICJF) is currently inviting journalists from journalists in the Asia, Africa and Latin America for its Reporting Contest on Early Childhood Development.
ICFJ will recognize in-depth, investigative or innovative reporting that has helped raise awareness on issues such as early nutrition, early child care, early education and their impact on a child’s future well-being and contributions to society.
Contest topics may include:
- Causes and solutions for malnutrition in children under 5
- The link between under-5 nutrition and learning ability
- Quality of health care and/or child care for young children
- The impact of child poverty and efforts to alleviate it
- Reproductive health and its impact on child development
- The contest is open to journalists from Asia, Africa and Latin America. Entries must have been published or aired between June 1, 2016, and December 1, 2016, and may include feature articles; in-depth, investigative or explanatory stories; multimedia reports or documentaries. The contest is open to print, broadcast and online journalists employed by a media outlet as well as affiliated freelance journalists. Submitted work must have appeared in a media outlet based in one of the regions.
- Stories must be submitted in English. Works in any other languages must include an English translation.
How to Apply
Entries must be submitted online via given website.
- Asia: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, the Philippines, the United Arab Emirates, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
- Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Latin America: Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
For more information, please visit ICFJ.