The Anna Lindh Foundation has opened applications for the EuroMed Capital for Dialogue Award to promote knowledge, mutual respect and exchange between the peoples of the region, in the framework of the EuroMed Partnership.
The Foundation works as a Network of 42national Networks, gathering about four thousand 4,000 civil society organisations, playing the role of a facilitator to bring people together, promoting dialogue between cultures, nurturing shared universal values, supporting the participation of citizens in building open and inclusive societies, and fostering the human dimension of the EuroMed Partnership. Its policies and programmes are scrutinized and endorsed by an intergovernmental Board of Governors, and an Advisory Council guides its strategic developments. During the last fourteen years, the ALF has affirmed itself as one of the most significant regional institutions for dialogue and civic participation in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
- The EuroMed Capital for Dialogue Award aims to shed light on innovative and interdisciplinary practices that involve different actors ranging from local authorities to civil society to educators, journalists, academics, civil society and private bodies for the promotion of cross-cultural education and artistic production, social cohesion and intercultural interaction, combating stereotyping and intolerance.
- The Award aims to acknowledge multicultural cities and cities which have a vision, which implement intercultural policies and support intercultural initiatives and EuroMed social and cultural collaborations
The EuroMed Capital for Dialogue Award aims to:
- recognise ongoing practices and a vision for the future at the city level for the promotion of intercultural dialogue and EuroMed exchange
- stimulate exchange of good practices for cultural diversity management and dialogue promotion across the EuroMed region
- celebrate the diversity of cultures in the Euro-Mediterranean region and highlight the common features and values they share.
- support cultural literacy, increase awareness of diverse cultures and intercultural competences and behaviour
- give visibility to good practices for dialogue and cities committed to the promotion of intercultural policies and practices
- encourage the collaboration between local authorities and civil society in the implementation of intercultural policies
- Foster the development of intercultural policies for the sustainable and cohesive development of a city.
- Encourage the development of EuroMed collaborations and valorisation of EuroMed cultural diversity at the city level
- Support the involvement of young people, women, migrants and refugees in the development of initiatives for the promotion of intercultural relations within the city
In order to do this, the ALF is working around four the following main strategic pillars, and objectives:
- Advocacy and Research: Develop a proactive policy to embed Intercultural Dialogue policies at the local and national levels based on the gathering of empirical data and enlarged network of contacts;
- Empower young voices: Enhance a culture of dialogue, shape public affairs and media discourses, and create a shared understanding with peers across the Mediterranean on how to address issues of common concern to their communities
- Intercultural learning and Capacity-building: Enhance Euro-Med citizens’ intercultural skills, networking and mutual knowledge and reaffirm the ALF as a reference point and to facilitate capacity-building.
- Networking and Cooperation: Facilitate the creation of Euro-Med collaborations and partnerships, map priority areas of intervention and synergies among dialogue actors, and support collective visible actions.
For each of the two selected cities to be awarded the title of EuroMed Capital for Dialogue 2021 the ALF will cover the following costs:
- Cost for production of a film to showcase the good practices and policies on intercultural dialogue – maximum allocation is 10.000 Euros
- Cost for the regional dissemination and outreach activity(ies) – maximum allocation is 5.000 Euros
- Local and regional authorities can apply to the EuroMed Capital for Dialogue Award 2021
- For the application to the 2021 Award the Applicant (local authority) should establish a partnership with at least one civil society organisation member of one of the 42 ALF National Networks
For more information, visit https://www.annalindhfoundation.org/open-call-euromed-capital-dialogue-award