The Climate Story Fund is now open to support compelling storytelling and impact campaigns from around the world that move us closer to a climate just and biodiverse future.
The Climate Story Fund prioritizes climate stories centering the most affected, the unengaged and the underrepresented, and puts them at the center of the story. The Fund also prioritizes storytellers working in and from those communities, sharing narratives that resonate deeply with new and unengaged audiences, bringing them into critical conversations around climate justice.
The Climate Story Fund is one-of-a-kind in the media ecosystem not only because of comprehensive support through production but also a total commitment to helping you launch an impact campaign alongside the release of your project.
They are looking for creative nonfiction projects including long form, shorts or episodic documentaries as well as podcasts and radio documentaries that can complete production in 2023 with support from the Climate Story Fund. The Fund also supports completed creative nonfiction and fiction projects of any medium looking to pilot an impact campaign in 2023 to engage audiences who are not typically included in the climate conversation.
The Fund will support 6-8 projects with grants ranging between $50,000 to $100,000 per project.
They can support
- Projects from all over the world, these can be localized stories serving local communities, or projects suited to a global audience;
- Projects from both new and established artists;
- Creative nonfiction projects, including long form, shorts or episodic documentaries as well as podcasts and radio documentaries in production;
- Completed creative nonfiction and fiction projects of any medium looking to pilot an impact campaign.
They cannot support
- Stories looking for development funding or in the pre-production stage;
- Fiction stories looking for production funding.
For more Information, visit The Climate Story Fund.