Deadline: 28 July 2020
Nominations are now open for the 2020 AFS Prize for Young Global Citizens to solve global crises.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The AFS Prize for Young Global Citizens will recognize one young person for their commitment to improving the global community and whose actions contribute to a more just, peaceful, and tolerant world.
AFS volunteers will shortlist the qualified applications to a pool of 10 finalists to share with a distinguished international Selection Jury. Finalists will be requested to submit a simple video answering 1-3 questions about their Projects. This video along with the finalists’ original Entries will be shared with a distinguished international Jury.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Is no older than 30 years old by October 22, 2020.
- Is in charge of a project that is currently running or has been completed between January 2018 and January 2020. Both must have already demonstrated success in achieving their stated goals.
- Demonstrates how their project is successfully addressing a pressing global issue, tackling one or more of the challenges outlined by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and what this translates into in real-life impacts.
- Shows how their project successfully engages others outside their own community/culture and how this aspect is crucial to advancing their work. Projects must rely on intercultural understanding and global competence.
- Articulates how their initiative has significant potential to be scaled up and extended.
- This AFS annual Prize will recognize one extraordinary young person for their commitment to improving the global community with a US$10,000 cash prize, participation at the AFS Global Conference, international recognition and membership in the AFS community of young and active global citizens.
- The AFS Prize for Young Global Citizens is open worldwide to contestants who are at least thirteen (13) years of age and no older than thirty (30) years of age on October 22, 2020. Void in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands and where prohibited. The Contest is sponsored by AFS Intercultural Programs, Inc.
- Current employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, and any parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The above notwithstanding, former employees, clients and other affiliates of the Sponsor may participate in the Contest.
- All Eligible Contestants who are under the legal age of majority in their country, state or province of their primary residence (“Minor”) must get their parent or legal guardian’s written permission to participate in the Contest. A minor will be required to provide parental consent in a form satisfactory to the Sponsors before he or she can be declared a winner and any prize can be awarded.