Deadline: 15 July 2019
The World Association of Non-Governmental Organizations (WANGO) is seeking nominations for WANGO Awards Program to honor non-governmental organizations from throughout the world that demonstrate extraordinary effort, innovation, leadership, and excellence in providing service to humanity.
The Universal Peace Award is awarded to an outstanding individual whose work involves them with the non-governmental community and who contributes substantially to world peace and global well-being. The Literary Peace Award is awarded to an author who has produced a work that promotes peace. All other awards are presented to non-governmental organizations.
WANGO not only recognizes prominent international NGOs, but also the smaller, lesser-known NGOs in the least developed countries, whose exemplary service and success may have gone unnoticed and unappreciated on the international stage.
The World Association of Non-Governmental Organizations (WANGO) is an international organization uniting NGOs worldwide in the cause of advancing peace and global well-being. WANGO helps to provide the mechanism and support needed for NGOs to connect, partner and multiply their contributions to solve humanity’s basic problems.
The possible categories for the 2019 NGO Awards are:
- WANGO Peace & Security Award
- WANGO Education, Media & the Arts Award
- WANGO Environment Award
- WANGO Human Rights Award
- WANGO Family & Peace Award
- WANGO Interreligious Cooperation Award
- WANGO Humanitarian Award
- WANGO Universal Peace Award
- WANGO Literary Peace Award
- Nominated NGOs and individuals should be of outstanding character and reputation.
- NGOs nominated for Awards in specific areas should have substantial accomplishments in those areas, and demonstrated exceptional effort, innovation, initiative, leadership, and excellence in providing service to humanity.
- Awards may not be self-nominated; that is, individuals that are affiliated with an NGO are not to nominate their own NGO, and individuals may not nominate themselves for a WANGO Award.
- To recommend an award, please send the name of the organization and its qualifications, along with any supporting documentation, to the Awards Selection Committee. Newspaper articles, personal testimonies, recommendations from prominent leaders, and a report of activities would be useful for the Awards Selection Committee.
Please Note: Nominations are kept for three years. That is, if the Awards Selection Committee does not select a nominated NGO or individual, it will keep those documents and consider them in the following two years, and thus nominations need not be resubmitted during those times.
How to Apply
Application must be submitted either via postal or email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.wango.org/awards.aspx?section=nominations