Deadline: 31 December 2016
The Community of Democracies invites organizations to apply for funding through its CD-UNITED program entitled “Democracy in Action: Expanding Civil Society Space” which provides financial support to projects that support and strengthen democracy.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
CD-UNITED is the Community’s flagship initiative that seeks to finance projects and initiatives that support and strengthen democracy, promote human rights and fundamental freedoms, and build civil society around the globe.
The Community of Democracies (CoD) is an international organization that drives the global democracy agenda through common action. It was established in 2000 to bring together governments, civil society and the private sector in the pursuit of a common goal of supporting democratic rules and strengthening democratic norms and institutions around the world.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The project should:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- be action-oriented with clear objectives and well-defined activities; innovative elements are introduced; the project brings added value;
- define realistic indicators and targets;
- have a realistic timeline – all activities are diligently planned;
- identify potential obstacles for the project’s implementation and appropriate mitigation measures (risk analysis);
- be a part of organization’s larger strategic plan.
- The applications may be submitted by: non-governmental organizations, nonprofit organizations, public institutions, private and public higher education entities, for profit organizations, unregistered organizations and public international organizations.
- The inclusion of local civil society within the proposed initiatives is required.
- Work with non-profit organizations is preferred; however, there may be occasions when a for-profit entity is best suited.
- Applications will be assessed on “first come, first served” basis.
- Applications are completed in English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Interested applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Democracy in Action.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.