Deadline: 31 December 2016
The Community of Democracies invites organizations to apply for funding through its CD-UNITED program entitled “Democracy in Action: Expanding Civil Society Space” which provides financial support to projects that support and strengthen democracy.
CD-UNITED is the Community’s flagship initiative that seeks to finance projects and initiatives that support and strengthen democracy, promote human rights and fundamental freedoms, and build civil society around the globe.
The Community of Democracies (CoD) is an international organization that drives the global democracy agenda through common action. It was established in 2000 to bring together governments, civil society and the private sector in the pursuit of a common goal of supporting democratic rules and strengthening democratic norms and institutions around the world.
The project should:
- be action-oriented with clear objectives and well-defined activities; innovative elements are introduced; the project brings added value;
- define realistic indicators and targets;
- have a realistic timeline – all activities are diligently planned;
- identify potential obstacles for the project’s implementation and appropriate mitigation measures (risk analysis);
- be a part of organization’s larger strategic plan.
- The applications may be submitted by: non-governmental organizations, nonprofit organizations, public institutions, private and public higher education entities, for profit organizations, unregistered organizations and public international organizations.
- The inclusion of local civil society within the proposed initiatives is required.
- Work with non-profit organizations is preferred; however, there may be occasions when a for-profit entity is best suited.
- Applications will be assessed on “first come, first served” basis.
- Applications are completed in English.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Democracy in Action.