Deadline: 12 June 2018
Entries are open for Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders Awards 2018 which are the global awards for local peacebuilding, to recognise the work of those taking a stand for peace.
Now in its sixth year, Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders awards offer global recognition for grassroots peace activists in war zones around the world. These are the only global awards for local peacebuilders – inspiring individuals who are building a better tomorrow in the world’s most fragile places.
This year’s categories are:
- Three organisations will each receive $10,000 and online promotion of their work, plus 5 years’ free membership of the Alliance for Peacebuilding. A representative from each of the winning organisations will receive an all-expenses paid trip to the award ceremony at PeaceCon 2018 in Washington, DC.
- This year, there will also be a photography prize to celebrate photos that illustrate the theme of ‘local peacebuilding’. The winning entry will receive $1,000 of camera equipment for the photo that best illustrates local peacebuilding in action, or best communicates this theme.
These are global awards so there is no geographical restriction on applications. In order to be eligible to enter, applicants must:
- Undertake peacebuilding work – applicant’s organisation is either a peacebuilding organisation or has peacebuilding as a substantial element of their work.
- Be locally based – applicant’s organisation must be based in the country or communities where their work is done. If applicant’s organisation operates in multiple countries, applicants are not eligible to enter. (Note cross-border projects are eligible.)
- Be an independent organisation, not an in-country or satellite organisation of an international NGO.
- Be working, or planning to work, in at least one of the following thematic areas: women-led peacebuilding; youth-led peacebuilding; or non-violent action.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders Awards.