Deadline: 1 November 2016
Folke Bernadotte Academy (FBA) is currently inviting organizations or foundations for its 1325 Grants, a UN Security Council Resolution (UNSCR), highlighting the importance of women’s participation and protection in conflict and post-conflict situations.
Each year the FBA grants funds to projects that support the implementation of those resolutions that promote women’s equal participation in issues concerning peace and security, as well as programmes aiming to support capacity-building for women’s organizations in conflict or post-conflict situations.
Funds can only be granted for those projects that are consistent with the OECD/DAC guidelines for official development assistance (ODA) in conflict and post-conflict countries.
The budget may not exceed SEK 30,000.
- Swedish and international organizations and foundations working with projects meeting FBA’s criteria may apply
- Swedish Organizations shall:
- Be democratically structured, have active members, an elected board of directors, statutes, and hold regular meetings;
- Have its base, and be registered, in Sweden;
- Have non-profit or cooperative goals, and work towards a society based on democratic principles;
- Have conducted activities in Sweden for at least two years and have documented this in the annual report and annual accounts;
- Have worked in the receiving country, directly or through a partner organization, for at least one year;
- Have met its obligations for grants received earlier – for example, regarding reporting.
- Swedish Foundations shall:
- Be a democratically structured organization deeply rooted in democratic society and characterized by the values of democracy and openness towards stakeholders and the public;
- Be able to specify the reasons why the foundation form was chosen;
- Have statutes that allow for transparency;
- Have a board that is appointed for a specific term of office;
- Be registered with the County Board.
- An international NGO or foundation can be granted funds if it meets the criteria corresponding to those specified above.
How to Apply
Applications, including the required attachments, must be sent both by mail and e-mail.
For more information, please visit FBA 1325 Grants.