The International Renaissance Foundation (IRF) is now accepting applications for a Competition to help volunteer and veteran associations to strengthen and maintain their institutional stability and to promote the development of civic stability, social cohesion, self-organization, mutual assistance, overcoming conflicts in communities.
In 2023, the International Renaissance Foundation (IRF), with the financial support of the EU, launched the project “European Renaissance of Ukraine: a civil society initiative for sustainability and recovery”.
The goal of this project is to strengthen the contribution of Ukrainian civil society to the political dialogue regarding EU integration and the restoration of Ukraine.
Project proposals submitted to the competition must provide meaningful activity of the organization according to one or more of the thematic priorities of this competition:
- Rehabilitation of veterans, military men and their family members;
- Protection of defenders – volunteer initiatives, setting up the necessary logistics to deliver the necessary assistance to the defenders of Ukraine;
- Legal, social, and psychological services for war victims, veterans, and military personnel;
- Promotion of reintegration and preparation for the return of veterans to communities;
- Support for families of servicemen, “those who are waiting”;
- Care for the families of the dead and missing.
- Volumes of financing and terms of implementation of projects
- Minimum grant amount: 10,000 euros
- The maximum amount of the grant: 25,000 euros
- The total budget of the competition is 270,000 euros
- The project implementation period is no more than 6 months.
- Charitable organizations and non-profit public associations are invited to participate in the competition , which:
- Can confirm work experience until 2022 in the field of volunteer assistance to support the military, veterans of the ATO/OOS, civilians injured as a result of Russian aggression – residents of the front-line territories, families of the dead and missing;
- Can confirm the experience of receiving and using charitable contributions through the organization’s accounts, with public financial and substantive reporting;
- Have experience of support, cooperation or interaction with local self-government bodies, and/or state institutions, and/or military-civilian administrations (memorandums, letters of support, examples of joint activities).
For more information, visit International Renaissance Foundation.