Deadline: 1 July 2020
The New Earth Foundation is seeking Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) to fund innovative projects that enhance life on their planet and brighten the future, furthering peace.
The grants given by NEF support a wide variety of projects in many fields of endeavor, including but not limited to environmental initiatives that are working to help eliminate pollution and to save the planet’s ecosystems, community efforts that create models of social sustainability, educational innovations that prepare youth to become the socially responsible leaders of the future, and strategies that offer economic improvement and opportunities.
New Earth Foundation awards grants to projects that serve life’s wellness and Earth’s peace.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
NEF particularly appreciates projects that are replicable so that excellent ideas and work can multiply and benefit many.
What NEF does not Fund
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Although organizations with their specific types of projects listed below do valuable and important work, NEF does not give grants to:
- organizations that do not have 501(c)(3) tax status
- personal education expenses
- mainstream social services or organizations that are affiliated with a well-known national or community organization
- real estate, repairs, maintenance, building or renovation projects
- general organizational purposes
- standard after-school programs, summer camps, or gardening programs, unless they are significantly innovative and pioneering
- projects not well-defined and focused
NEF’S Criteria For Grant-Giving
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
NEF accepts Letters of Inquiry and invites Grant Applications according to the criteria listed below. The project:
- meets NEF’s Vision and Mission
- is innovative, new, pioneering, even ingenious
- transforms an aspect of society and provides practical solutions
- fulfills an important and persisting need
- outlines one specific undertaking with clearly defined goals, implementation plan and expected results
- indicates who will benefit and how
- endeavors to involve those who are served in the planning process
- includes plans for replication so that benefits can multiply
- contains an evaluation process to measure success, progress, and future decision-making
- seeks community involvement and/or collaboration with other organizations
- is cost-effective with a realistic budget appropriate for the proposed program, and a suitable balance between project related administrative costs and benefits to those served
- has a plan of acquiring future funding from other sources
- has qualified staff/volunteers to carry out the project, with staff qualifications clearly specified
- has images of models/examples, and will provide such regarding work on the project and it’s completion
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Letters of Inquiry must be submitted via given website.
For more information, visit https://www.newearthfoundation.org/apply.html
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.