Deadline: 13 August 2016
The Niwano Peace Foundation is currently inviting applications for its Grant Program with an aim to build a world of peace and coexistence. The Foundation makes grants in order to provide active encouragement for activities undertaken in a religious spirit and conducted in such a way as to invite broad social participation.
The Niwano Peace Foundation promotes interreligious understanding and cooperation. It also strives to strengthen cooperation among people actively engaged in continuing efforts, in a religious spirit, to achieve a peaceful society.
- The amount for which one applicant can apply will be up to 1,000,000 Japanese yen.
- Grants are provided for one year of the applicant’s activity
- Social activities based on a religious spirit
- Grass‐roots activities deployed in a local community
- Practical activities, short‐term or long‐term, directly related to peace building.
- Activities which stimulate undertakings not only in one’s own field but other fields as well, and which can also be creative and pioneering models for the realization of peace.
- Applications may be made by either individuals or organizations.
- Nationality is not a criterion for eligibility.
- Any group which has been in continuous existence for a reasonable length of time is eligible to apple, whether or not it is legally incorporated.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Grant Program 2016.