Deadline: 9 November 2019
UN Women has announced call for proposals for Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund to boost Women’s participation in Political decision making and build leadership and empowerment in peace and security.
Composed of representatives from member states, United Nations entities, and civil society organizations, the WPHF is a global pooled funding mechanism which aims to re-energize action and stimulate a significant increase in financing for women’s participation, leadership, and empowerment in peace and security processes and humanitarian response.
The WPHF is a flexible and rapid financing mechanism. It supports quality interventions designed to enhance the capacity of local women to prevent conflict, respond to crises and emergencies, and seize key peacebuilding opportunities.
The Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund (WPHF) Initially aims to increase the participation of women of Hebron in political decision-making, give voice to their protection concerns, and address and build their leadership and resilience in local communities.
With its 1st funding cycle in 2019, the Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund will fund qualifying projects in Palestine focusing on Hebron Governorate that contribute to one of the following Outcomes:
- Women’s participation in decision-making processes and responses related to conflict prevention;
- Promotion of the socio-economic recovery and political participation of women and girls;
- The WPHF will allocate up to US$2 million over three years to Palestine;
- Project proposals should be for no less than US$ 50,000 and no more than US$200,000;
- Submissions by a consortium of organizations/partners (two and more) which include grassroots/community-based organizations are highly encouraged;
- Applicants should outline specific measures to strengthen institutional capacity of their own as well as that of small CBOs/grassroots organizations, if applicable.
Priority will be given to civil society organizations (particularly women’s organizations) who either:
- Have a main branch that is located in Hebron;
- Have field presence in Hebron;
- Are located elsewhere in the West Bank but have previous experience in implementing projects or programmes in Hebron.
Project proposals should be for no less than US$ 50,000 and no more than US$200,000;
- National and local registered civil society organizations are eligible to apply;
- Women’s grassroots/local/community-based organizations are particularly encouraged to apply;
- Joint CSOs projects are allowed and encouraged;
- The lead applicant Organizations must have legal status with the competent national authority as a non-profit, non-governmental and local organization.
Eligible Country: Palestine
How to Apply
Application packages must be emailed at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://palestine.unwomen.org/en/news-and-events/stories/2019/4/womens-peace-and-humanitarian-fund