Deadline: 9 November 2019
UN Women has announced call for proposals for Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund to boost Women’s participation in Political decision making and build leadership and empowerment in peace and security.
Composed of representatives from member states, United Nations entities, and civil society organizations, the WPHF is a global pooled funding mechanism which aims to re-energize action and stimulate a significant increase in financing for women’s participation, leadership, and empowerment in peace and security processes and humanitarian response.
The WPHF is a flexible and rapid financing mechanism. It supports quality interventions designed to enhance the capacity of local women to prevent conflict, respond to crises and emergencies, and seize key peacebuilding opportunities.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund (WPHF) Initially aims to increase the participation of women of Hebron in political decision-making, give voice to their protection concerns, and address and build their leadership and resilience in local communities.
With its 1st funding cycle in 2019, the Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund will fund qualifying projects in Palestine focusing on Hebron Governorate that contribute to one of the following Outcomes:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Women’s participation in decision-making processes and responses related to conflict prevention;
- Promotion of the socio-economic recovery and political participation of women and girls;
- The WPHF will allocate up to US$2 million over three years to Palestine;
- Project proposals should be for no less than US$ 50,000 and no more than US$200,000;
- Submissions by a consortium of organizations/partners (two and more) which include grassroots/community-based organizations are highly encouraged;
- Applicants should outline specific measures to strengthen institutional capacity of their own as well as that of small CBOs/grassroots organizations, if applicable.
Priority will be given to civil society organizations (particularly women’s organizations) who either:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Have a main branch that is located in Hebron;
- Have field presence in Hebron;
- Are located elsewhere in the West Bank but have previous experience in implementing projects or programmes in Hebron.
Project proposals should be for no less than US$ 50,000 and no more than US$200,000;
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- National and local registered civil society organizations are eligible to apply;
- Women’s grassroots/local/community-based organizations are particularly encouraged to apply;
- Joint CSOs projects are allowed and encouraged;
- The lead applicant Organizations must have legal status with the competent national authority as a non-profit, non-governmental and local organization.
Eligible Country: Palestine
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
How to Apply
Application packages must be emailed at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://palestine.unwomen.org/en/news-and-events/stories/2019/4/womens-peace-and-humanitarian-fund