Deadline: 21 June 2020
The Waislitz Foundation is offering cash prizes totaling $250,000 to recognize the excellence of individuals in their work to end extreme poverty. The grand prize is $100,000 with three additional prizes at $50,000 each, for a total of four prizes.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Waislitz Global Citizen Awards are presented by the Waislitz Foundation and Global Citizen, and in 2020 are supported by the leading US and Australian based cellular medicines company, Mesoblast Ltd and global fund management group Paradice Investment Management Pty Ltd.
The Waislitz foundation exists to create a positive social impact locally and globally through innovative projects that empower individuals to meet their full potential and make a measurable difference to the world.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
This 2020 Waislitz Global Citizen Awards feature four awards totaling $250,000.
- $100,000: Waislitz Global Citizen Award (Grand Prize)
- $50,000: The Waislitz Global Citizen Disruptor Award
- $50,000: The Waislitz Global Citizens’ Choice Award
- $50,000: The Waislitz Global Citizen COVID-19 Response Award
In addition to the cash prizes, the four winners will be profiled in editorial pieces that will be featured on the Global Citizen platform and social media.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Please note, due to COVID-19, there will not be an award ceremony in 2020.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Entrants aged eighteen (18) years of age or older from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply for the awards.
- Applicants must apply for the awards themselves.
- The awards are for individuals or individual representatives of organizations. The prize will be awarded to an individual, but the money will be allocated to the organization that the individual works for.
- Global Citizen accepts applications from any individual who is doing impactful work and who has a registered legal entity such as non-profit, for-profit, B-corp, social enterprise, etc.
- All applicants will be evaluated based on individual merit, including the following five key areas:
- GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: How does the applicant embody and exemplify the values and practices of a Global Citizen?
- PROOF OF CONCEPT: Does the applicant have a strong proof of concept with at least 1-2 years of impact towards ending extreme poverty?
- DISRUPTION: Has the applicant created measurable impact in an innovative manner that disrupts the systems that allow for extreme poverty to exist?
- SCALABILITY: How would this award enable/support the applicant to scale or improve their work?
- ADAPTABILITY: Can the applicant demonstrate examples of their ability to adapt and evolve to changing conditions?
- The grand prize Waislitz Global Citizen Award will be awarded to an applicant based on the 5 criteria listed above.
- The Waislitz Global Citizen Disruptor Award will be awarded to an individual who excels in the “Disruption” criteria.
- The Waislitz Global Citizens’ Choice Award will be selected with input from public online voting by the Global Citizen community.
- The Waislitz Global Citizen COVID-19 Response Award will be awarded to an applicant who excels in the “Adaptability” criteria and has implemented a specific adaptation, pivot or new program that addresses the impacts of COVID-19.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- Applicants will be judged against criteria by a group of judges appointed by Global Citizen.
- Between 10-15 semi-finalists will be selected and notified on or around the week of July 6. Those semi-finalists will move forward to a public vote and final round of judging.
- From the semi-finalists, 4 winners will be selected by the Waislitz foundation and notified on or around July 27.
Got more question? Read Frequently Asked Questions section.
For more information, visit https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/programs/waislitz-award/