Deadline: 31 March 2019
Rise Against Hunger has announced a call for Expressions of Interest for the Emergency Response portfolio.
Applications will be assessed by an evaluation committee to identify prospective partners that have the mandate, capacities and comparative advantage to support achievement of results from communities affected by an emergency and/or crisis. If successful in its application for the Expression of Interest, prospective partners will be contacted to submit a concept note in the event an emergency or crisis affects their country/countries of implementation.
Rise Against Hunger is driven by the vision of world without hunger. The mission is to end hunger in lifetime by providing food and life-changing aid to the world’s most vulnerable and by creating a global commitment to mobilize the necessary resources. RAH has a growing portfolio of programs aimed at eliminating chronic hunger and malnutrition around the world through sustainable community development that addresses the drivers of food insecurity. RAH is committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal of ending hunger by 2030.
RAH responds to sudden and ongoing crises to meet immediate needs of affected populations and support the transition toward recovery. They have responded to emergencies by providing grants or by delivering food assistance, nutrition, and other commodities to those displaced by natural disasters and man-made crises. In building the resilience of vulnerable people, RAH works hand-in-hand with a host of organizations to ensure that meals and other life- changing aid can reach communities in crisis effectively and according to need.
- RAH particularly encourage applications from the following geographical regions and countries: Southern Africa, Western Africa, South Asia, Haiti, and the Philippines.
- Applications will be assessed by an evaluation committee to identify prospective partners that have the mandate, capacities, and comparative advantage to support achievement of results for communities affected by an emergency and/or crisis, using criteria.
- It should be noted, however, that participation to this Call for Expression of Interest does not guarantee the prospective partner will be ultimately selected for partnership with RAH, particularly because RAH’s Emergency Response portfolio provides assistance to communities affected by an emergency and/or crisis.
- If successful in its application for the Expression of Interest, prospective partners will be contacted to submit a concept note in the event an emergency or crisis affects their country/countries of implementation.
- For non-crisis related partnership opportunities with RAH. Selected prospective partners will be notified that they were successful and asked to collaborate in drafting a MOU for possible future partnership. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified quarterly.
Selection criteria will be based on the following:
- Geographic scope of the organization (30%)
- Institutional capacity (40%);
- Application relevance, quality, and coherence (30%)
How to Apply
- Organizations that wish to participate in this Call for Expression of Interest are requested to send applications via email at the address given on the website, with the subject line: “Call for Expression of Interest”.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2zB5adz