Deadline: 31 July 2019
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
OPA invites proposals from individuals, non-governmental organizations, think tanks, and academic institutions for projects that strengthen the bilateral ties between the U.S. and Portugal. OPA will only consider grants that have an American component or aspect in their proposal.
Examples of PAS Small Grants Program projects include, but are not limited to
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Academic and professional lectures, seminars and speaker programs
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances and exhibitions
- Cultural heritage conservation and preservation projects
- Professional and academic exchanges and projects
- Professional development workshops and training
Priority Program Areas
- Media Literacy and Countering Misinformation: activities that promote media literacy and critical thinking, resist malign influence, and counter disinformation.
- Trade and Investment: activities which support the expansion of U.S. exports and investments, improve the connections between U.S. and Portuguese businesses, and/or expand economic opportunities for women and underserved populations.
- Technology and Innovation: activities which support cooperation in such areas as space exploration, energy, firefighting, and reforestation, as well as solutions to transnational, regional, and global challenges, including cybersecurity, terrorist, environmental, and health threats.
- Azores or Madeira: activities focus on or are connected to the Azores or Madeira, which promote economic development and support business and cultural linkages to the U.S.
- Student Mobility:activities which promote exchanges and mobility for American and Portuguese higher education students.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Awards may range from a minimum of $3,000 to a maximum of $25,000.
Participants and Audiences
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
OPA Lisbon requests that all applicants for awards stipulate who their target audience is (age/gender/geographic break down) and estimate the expected audience reach through direct contact and if possible through indirect contact (via social media or traditional media).
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S. and Portugal who are:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions
How to Apply
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
Applicants must be submit their applications via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://pt.usembassy.gov/education-culture/small-grants-program/