Deadline: 16 January 2019
Efficiency for Access Coalition (EforA) is currently inviting applicants for its research and development fund to accelerate innovation in off-grid and weak grid appliance technologies.
The Efficiency for Access Coalition, with funding from UK Aid, will invest into Research and Development (R&D) projects that lead to the acceleration of availability, affordability, efficiency and performance of a range of Low Energy Inclusive Appliances that are particularly suited to developing country contexts and promote social inclusion.
This is part of the Efficiency for Access Coalition’s programme of activities to support and accelerate innovation in off-grid and weak grid appliance technologies and markets. Coalition members currently have programmes and initiatives spanning three different continents, 26 countries and 19 key technologies.
Research & Development projects must focus on developing an innovative appliance technology or product for use in off-grid and weak-grid settings, which has both a strong potential to positively benefit targeted users and to scale. Research & Development projects must also take into account gender equality and social inclusion issues.
There are 3 options to apply for a grant, depending on the stage of the R&D project:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Early stage for feasibility studies (lasting 6 to 12 months)
- Mid-stage for industrial research (lasting 12 to 24 months)
- Late stage for experimental development (lasting 12 to 30 months)
The first round of the grant fund is worth at least £1 million, with available grants ranging from £50,000 to £200,000 per project.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The minimum eligibility criteria are:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Applicants must be a legally registered and physically established business, academic organisation, non-profit, public sector organisation, or research and technology organisation from anywhere in the world. Applicants for funding may also form partnerships (such as between academics and businesses, or between entrepreneurs and established businesses).
- Applications must demonstrate outcomes linked to both the EforA Coalition’s overall objective of accelerating energy access via improved availability, affordability, efficiency and performance of a range of Low Energy Inclusive Appliances particularly suited to developing country contexts, and the R&D scope for this round.
- Applicants must demonstrate sufficient match funding for project costs.
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record in research and innovation, and/or provide strong evidence of their capacity to successfully implement the R&D project.
How to Apply
Applicants can register themselves via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2SW3Z1k