Deadline: 15 April 2019
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation is inviting applicants for Inlaks Scholarships to provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent in any field to broaden their vision abroad and improve their skills to operate in society, thus making them a future vehicle of change in their environment.
The Foundation has joint scholarship schemes with Imperial College, London, Royal College of Art (RCA), London, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), London, Cambridge Trust, Cambridge and SciencesPo, Paris. In the case of candidates for these collaborating institutions, the Foundation is able to accept applications without this requirement.
The Foundation does not give scholarships in the following subjects: Engineering, Computer Science, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music and Film Animation. However in the case of Imperial College, London, scholarships will be given for Engineering and Computer Science. Further they will consider Indian Studies, only if they have contemporary relevance. In the field of Music, only applications for Western Classical singing degrees will be considered.
- The scholarship covers, for the period granted, tuition fees, adequate living expenses and one-way travel. In the case of scholarship requirement of above $100,000 (or equivalent), (tuition + living allowance), candidates must show evidence of funding, for the balance of costs, at the time of interviews in May or June. In the case of specific programs, the financial coverage will be discussed directly with the candidate.
- Acceptance of other scholarships, teaching assistantships and part-time jobs are welcome after approval from the Foundation.
- Scholarship will not be awarded to candidates whose proposed course of study or specific project requires field trips back to India during tenure.
- Scholarships are awarded in May/ June generally for commencement in subsequent September and October. Any scholarship not commenced within 9 months will be forfeited.
- Scholarships are open to all Indian citizens who are resident in India at the time of application. Candidates are normally expected to hold a good first degree from a recognized university in India. Indian citizens who hold a good undergraduate degree from a recognized university outside India, must have resided continuously and been employed or been studying in India, for at least two years, after their under-graduation. People having a postgraduate degree (e.g. Master’s or PhD) from a university outside India are not eligible; those who have started but not completed a postgraduate degree outside India are also ineligible.
- It is essential to have prior admission to the institution and course chosen. The Foundation will not consider candidates without admission or pending admission. The institutions concerned must only be top rank.
- Candidates can be a maximum of 30 years of age in the year of application. Candidates who are already studying or have started their programme abroad are not eligible.
- The award of other grants, teaching assistantships and support from other sources for the proposed programme will be regarded by the Foundation as a positive factor. The Foundation also encourages applications from young people currently employed.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: India
For more information, please visit http://www.inlaksfoundation.org/scholarships/how-to-apply/