Deadline: 25 November 2016
The São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP) and the Innovation Fund Denmark (IFD) has announced a new call for research proposals on the topic “Strategic Research Collaboration in Food Science in the State of São Paulo, Brazil and Denmark”.
This program is a joint research collaboration under the Scientific Cooperation Agreement between Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo – FAPESP and the Innovation Fund Denmark (IFD).
For both regions, it is of major importance to provide solutions within the field of food science in order to accommodate to the challenges related to “Bio-refinery” and/or “Food and Health”. The aim of this call is that the funded projects deliver considerable and tangible results at the end of the project period.
This call invites joint research proposals within the following research topics:
- New sources of bioactive compounds and new ingredients for functional and fortification purposes in foods.
- Biological non-food products from waste residues.
- Healthy and sustainable food/meals based on animal, marine or plant components, with retained nutritional values, produced from emerging new technologies.
- Innovative research within agriculture, food production, food processing and other biological production based on for example information and communication technologies, robotics, nanotechnology, biotechnology and/or user driven innovation.
- Improved food and feed value chain by sustainable and efficient use of natural resources, production methods, systems and processes, including storage and logistics, and technologies that minimize waste and improve productivity.
- Research in food safety and quality aspects related to perishable food products.
- The relation between diet and lifestyle, including factors determined by changes in work and leisure; the interaction between diet and genes; the development of improved and well-founded dietary recommendations which will contribute individually or in combination to an improvement in health at the individual, group and country level.
Funding and Duration
FAPESP and the IFD expect to jointly fund maximum 4 projects with a total amount (sum of costs charged to FAPESP and the IFD) of around U$S 2,960 million for all projects. Requested funding may cover research and travel expenses (for example, payroll expenses, research training, equipment, travel costs, living allowances and insurance costs) according to each institution’s guidelines. The project volume should be the same on both sides.
Specifically under this Call for Proposals the duration of the proposed research projects shall be:
- Thematic Projects: 48 (forty-eight) months, non-extendable;
- Regular Awards: up to 36 (thirty-six) months, non-extendable. Specifically in this case the total budget requested to FAPESP (including “Reserva Técnica”, ”Reserva de Importação” and possible scholarships), should be up to US$88,000 per proposal with duration of 36 months. For proposals with lowest duration, the maximum requested value must be proportionally smaller.
Program invites researchers from universities, research institutions and private companies in the State of São Paulo, Brazil and Denmark who conduct research within the food science area, to apply for funding for joint Brazilian-Danish strategic research projects according to the current call.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: Brazil and Denmark
For more information, please visit FAPESP.