Deadline: 11 March 2020
The Novo Nordisk Foundation is accepting applications to support projects for Science Education and Informal Learning Environments.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation wants to promote science general education and strengthen interest, knowledge and competencies in science and technology among children, young people and the population of Denmark in general.
Support can be applied for projects in STEM teaching, science didactic research and experiences with science and technology in leisure.
Education projects may be aimed at daycare, primary and secondary education. For example, support can be applied for:
- Development and implementation of methods, materials and resources for STEM teaching and science pedagogy;
- Science competitions, talent offerings and activities targeted at specific children and pupil groups;
- Development projects for competence enhancement of teachers and educators.
Note: Support can only be applied for participation in continuing education programs developed in the applied development project.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
For research projects and research grants in the field of science didactics, the research must be based at a university or a professional college in Denmark.
Leisure projects can be aimed at children, young people, families and / or the general population. For example, support can be applied to science activity centers, museums, leisure facilities or summer schools.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- There is a total of up to DKK 25 million. for distribution in spring 2020 for project grants of DKK 100,000 3,000,000 of up to 5 years duration.
- The project can be an independent, delimited project or part of a larger project that is also supported by other partners.
- Support is not provided for:
- Commercial purposes;
- Overhead (e.g. rent, water, electricity, heat, maintenance).
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Applicant must deal with science education and / or science dissemination in the Danish national community.
- During the grant period, the applicant must be the manager or project manager at a public institution and / or non-profit organization, including educational institutions, knowledge institutions, associations or municipalities in Denmark (the managing institution).
- Private companies can apply for support for non-profit projects with a public benefit.
- You can only be the main applicant for one application in the four publications in education and dissemination in 2020. There are no similar rules for co-applicants.
- Applications that falls within the three bulletin (i) Project support for science education and informal learning environments in autumn 2020 (ii) Project Aid to encourage the children and young people about opportunities and solutions in science and technology and (iii) Project Support for innovative communication and debate on science and technology, will not be addressed in this post.
- To be considered for a research project or research scholarship, the applicant must have obtained a doctoral degree or similar qualifications and have undertaken to obtain housing from an administrative institution. Applicants for a research scholarship cannot simultaneously be responsible for a major research project.
Applications will be evaluated by the Novo Nordisk Foundation’s Committee for Scientific Education and Communication to the following criteria:
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- The project’s compliance with the advertisement purposes;
- Applicant and Applicant institution skills and capacity;
- The project’s professional quality;
- Relevance and importance of the proposed project and how it builds on any existing knowledge and initiatives;
- The project plan, methodology and feasibility, including plan for evaluation and knowledge sharing;
- Expected benefits of the target group and in the form of accumulation of knowledge;
- Any co-applicants / collaborators’ skills and capacity;
- How relevant: roots, originality, scalability and opportunities for national spread;
- Where relevant: Research height and research environment.
How to Apply
The application system is in English and applications must be made in Danish or English. The choice of language has no influence on the evaluation of the application.
Applications must be completed and submitted via the fund’s application system NORMA.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2H73wVp