Deadline: 18 October 2019
The Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) is seeking proposals for its Southeast Asia – Europe Joint Funding Scheme (JFS) to bring together Southeast Asian and European researchers so that they can collaborate on topics of mutual interest.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The JFS is an instrument for pooling resources at a multilateral level to support collaborative projects.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The call is open to the following thematic areas:
- Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM): The protection and sustainable use of water resources plays a decisive role for the future of humankind. IWRM is a process that aims to maximize social and economic well-being while avoiding damage to vital ecosystems and creating fair conditions for the utilization of resources. In this context, ecological goals must be linked to economic and social goals. The areas under investigation are generally river basins or parts thereof, or settlement areas with bodies of water.
- Nanotechnologies: Nanoscience and nanotechnology are highly interdisciplinary and cut across industrial and commercial sectors to research and create new materials and devices with remarkable properties and functions. To name but a few, nanotechnology is being used in medicine, electronics, food, manufacturing and materials or water purification. Despite the fact that technology has a high potential for both regions, research and innovation cooperation in nanotechnology has still a high untapped potential. Hence addressing setting research and innovation initiatives could bring new avenues for joining scientific and innovation capabilities from both regions.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Proposals may be submitted by public legal RTD (Research and Technology Development) entities, higher education institutions, non-university research establishments, companies (all depending on national regulations). Eligibly criteria can be found in the respective national funding regulations.
- Countries contributing to the Call are: Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Czech Republic, Germany, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Latvia, Myanmar, The Philippines, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam
- Institutions not explicitly mentioned as recipients might be included in consortia if they provide their own funding (non-eligible organisations might join at their own costs). A Letter of Commitment has to be submitted in these cases. Other entities may apply if the respective national regulations allow it.
- Applicants should discuss their intentions and confirm eligibility with their respective National Contact Point before submitting a proposal.
How to Apply
Project proposals must be submitted electronically via given website.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://www.snf.ch/en/researchinFocus/newsroom/Pages/news-190626-call-for-proposals-third-call-of-the-southeast-asia.aspx