Deadline: 31 October 2018
Siemens Stiftung has launched empowering people. Award 2019, calling on social entrepreneurs and developers from across the world to submit their projects with impact.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The award identifies and supports low-tech solutions that address crucial basic needs sectors in developing regions.
Technologies entering the competition should be simple, feasible, embedded in a social business model, and deliver sustainable support to a local community in one of the following eight categories:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Education & Training
- Financial Technology
- Food & Agriculture
- Mobility & Infrastructure
- Waste Management
- Water & Sanitation
- Award Money of € 50,000 – € 30,000 – € 20,000 and 7x € 10,000
- Community prize of € 10,000
- Special WASH Award of 20,000 Euros supported by Knorr Bremse Global Care.
- Free membership in the empowering people. Network and various support opportunities along with consultancy from jury members and international visibility.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Technology: Technical functionality and feasibility, Environmental performance
- Social impact: Potential to help solve basic supply problems, Income generation, job and training opportunities
- Business: Business model and financial resource, Proof of Concept, Financial planning and scaling options
- Team: Team competence and experience, organizational structure
- empowering people. Award is open for individuals, teams, organizations or enterprises from any region in the world who comply with the terms & conditions of the award.
- A submitting enterprise has to follow values such as fairness, social responsibility and must not be a microfinance institution, private equity fund, or deposit taking institution Employees of Siemens Stiftung, Intellecap and AT-Association are excluded from the competition.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit empowering people. Award.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.