Deadline: 31 October 2018
Siemens Stiftung has launched empowering people. Award 2019, calling on social entrepreneurs and developers from across the world to submit their projects with impact.
The award identifies and supports low-tech solutions that address crucial basic needs sectors in developing regions.
Technologies entering the competition should be simple, feasible, embedded in a social business model, and deliver sustainable support to a local community in one of the following eight categories:
- Education & Training
- Financial Technology
- Food & Agriculture
- Mobility & Infrastructure
- Waste Management
- Water & Sanitation
- Award Money of € 50,000 – € 30,000 – € 20,000 and 7x € 10,000
- Community prize of € 10,000
- Special WASH Award of 20,000 Euros supported by Knorr Bremse Global Care.
- Free membership in the empowering people. Network and various support opportunities along with consultancy from jury members and international visibility.
- Technology: Technical functionality and feasibility, Environmental performance
- Social impact: Potential to help solve basic supply problems, Income generation, job and training opportunities
- Business: Business model and financial resource, Proof of Concept, Financial planning and scaling options
- Team: Team competence and experience, organizational structure
- empowering people. Award is open for individuals, teams, organizations or enterprises from any region in the world who comply with the terms & conditions of the award.
- A submitting enterprise has to follow values such as fairness, social responsibility and must not be a microfinance institution, private equity fund, or deposit taking institution Employees of Siemens Stiftung, Intellecap and AT-Association are excluded from the competition.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit empowering people. Award.