Deadline: 31 May 2017
Applications are now open for “The Intercultural Innovation Award 2017”, which is a partnership between the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the BMW Group that aims to select and support the most innovative grassroots projects that encourage intercultural dialogue and cooperation around the world.
Awardees will receive a monetary prize to be used for project expansion and/or replication of their project. The total amount of the prize pool is USD 100,500 distributed as follows:
- 1st: USD 40,000
- 2nd: USD 20,000
- 3rd: USD 15,000
- 4th: USD 8,000
- 5th: USD 5,000
- 6th–10th: USD 2,500
- Organizations must be registered as a not-for-profit organization, such as a non-governmental organization, charitable organization, research and educational institution, labor union, indigenous group, faith-based organization, professional association, foundation and local or municipal branches of government.
- Applying organizations must have been operational for a minimum of 2 years before April 2017; with funding base and project implementation (i.e. the organization must show registration as non-profit in their country of operation by April 2015 or earlier).
- Applying organizations must be managing a project focused on promoting intercultural dialogue and understanding. Examples include projects in the fields of combating xenophobia, education for global citizenship, interfaith dialogue, migration and integration, prevention of violent extremism, as well as initiatives addressing the needs of specific groups in promoting intercultural understanding (e.g. faith-based, youth, women, media, etc.)
- The applying organization must have the willingness to expand the range of action of the project with UNAOC, the BMW Group and other partners.
- Organizations that have previously received any UNAOC support are not eligible to apply to the Intercultural Innovation Award.
- Projects that have been submitted to previous editions of the Intercultural Innovation Award and were not selected, are eligible and encouraged to apply again. However, applying organizations cannot have been winners of previous editions of the UNAOC Marketplace of Ideas or BMW Group Awards.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit The Intercultural Innovation Award.