Deadline: 16 November 2016
The Roddenberry Foundation invites daring ideas from innovative thinkers that delivers on the promise of innovation, captures the spirit of discovery and embraces the power of diversity to benefit all humanity.
The Roddenberry Foundation was created to build on Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry’s legacy and philosophy, to drive social change and improve the lives of people around the world.
$1 Million Awards for The best five ideas for a boldly better future—whether rooted in art, science, technology or another domain of human ingenuity—will win a total prize of $1 million to implement their world-changing solution.
To be eligible for the prize, entrants must:
- Agree to all legal terms and conditions of the prize.
- Be able to legally receive unrestricted grant funding.
- Meet all submission deadlines.
- Submit the application in English.
- Provide three professional references.
Entries must be:
- Transformative Impact
- The solution strategically intervenes in a broader system to maximize impact.
- The solution will yield significant and meaningful outcomes.
- The solution will create transformative impact for its target community.
- The solution is designed to scale the magnitude of its impact.
- Path to Implementation
- The entrant has the skills, capacity and partnerships to deliver on the solution.
- The solution has a realistic and feasible plan to move forward.
- Major risks are identified and effectively addressed.
- The solution is substantially different from other efforts addressing similar issues or efforts in its field.
How to Apply
Applications must submit online via given website.
For more information, please visit Roddenberry Foundation.