Deadline: 30 May 2019
Submissions are open for the 2020 edition of the Zayed Sustainability Prize.
UAE’s pioneering global award issues global call to organisations and high schools to submit their sustainability solutions and projects. The Prize’s five categories are designed to closely align with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and reward global organisations that empower and enhance disadvantaged communities, while also inspiring schools to nurture the next generation of sustainability leaders.
The Prize fund comes from the Abu Dhabi Government as a way to honour and continue the sustainability and humanitarian legacy of the founding father of the United Arab Emirates, the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan.
- Global High School (1 award for each of the below regions)
- The fund allocation per category is as follows:
- Health: US$600,000
- Food: US$600,000
- Energy: US$600,000
- Water: US$600,000
- Global High Schools: US$600,000 (Divided between six school winners, each from six world regions)
- There is no alternative to the cash Award.
- The Awards shall be used by the winners, per category, to further the ideas and ambitions within the winning submissions.
- An Award may be subject to withholding tax (if applicable) and/or income tax or other applicable tax which shall be payable by the winner, as applicable. Masdar shall not be liable for any taxes which are or become payable on the Award.
- An Award may be revoked and a refund required if it is discovered that a winner has provided misleading or erroneous information within the submission or it is subsequently discovered that the submission infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party.
- The Zayed Sustainability Prize is open to all entrants other than:
- Board members and employees of Masdar; and
- Anyone who has been involved in organising, promoting or judging the Prize.
- Masdar, the Selection Committee and the Jury reserve the right and have full discretion to reject or not select any submission for any reason that may, in the sole opinion of the Selection Committee, the Jury or Masdar, damage the reputation of the Prize, the UAE, Abu Dhabi or Masdar, or bring the Prize, the UAE, Abu Dhabi or Masdar into disrepute. The decision of the Selection Committee, the Jury or Masdar shall be final and no follow up correspondence shall be replied to.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://zayedsustainabilityprize.com/en/