Bristol Myers Squibb is proud to support the Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 12. This challenge seeks to reduce waste and the release of toxins into the environment which will ultimately improve health outcomes.
This challenge welcomes solutions from young innovators that include interventions such as:
- Projects that demonstrate a strong focus on the link between waste and health/health equity will be prioritised.
- Removing barriers for access to recycling or reuse programs for individuals or companies.
- Educating the government, employers, academic institutions, and/or community members on the business case for waste reduction, recycling and reuse and the connection to health/health equity.
- Preventing food waste and food loss along the food supply chain from post-harvest to the retail and consumer level.
- Reducing the release of harmful chemicals and toxins through e-waste recycling and reuse.
- The winning solution will receive:
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2023
- A US$50,000 grant from Bristol Myers Squibb
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Bristol Myers Squibb professionals and partners. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design.
- Aligned: Evidently aligned with the SDG12 challenge.
- Youth-led: Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Focused: Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Proven: Solution is readily available, being piloted, implemented, or scaled
- Impactful: Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example, generating educational outcomes, employment opportunities, or developing skills.
- Measurable: Solution’s impact in society must be adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Financially viable: Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Scalable: Potential to grow impact after expanding in scope or size and/or into other regions.
For more information, visit https://www.oneyoungworld.com/lead2030/22-23/challenge-sdg12bms