The NWO has announced a call for proposals for SDG Interactions and policy interventions in developing countries.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
This call for proposals invites consortia to propose high-quality and relevant knowledge brokering and synthesis expertise, services, activities and products to proactively support the programme objectives and the research consortia funded in the SDG Interactions programme.
The aim of the SDG Interactions programme is to generate new insights into the ways in which SDG goals interact – both positively and negatively – and about the impact on policy interventions and outcomes. This research programme aims to rigorously map, analyse and explain the complex interactions of SDGs to inform integrated and evidence-based SDG policies in the Netherlands and around the world. Evidence-based knowledge is needed to test and investigate the assumptions of the Netherlands BHOS policy.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The main programme objectives are to:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- generate high-quality knowledge of SDG interactions and the need/scope for synergies between SDGs;
- design, apply and learn from creative, out-of-box research and interactive approaches to systematically integrate, monitor and adapt the interweaving of research, development and policy-making;
- provide evidence-based findings and tailored recommendations to the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs and local policy makers in the focus regions/countries regarding more coherent and effective SDG policies and interventions;
- create regular flexible and constructive interactions between policy makers and researchers so as to enhance mutual information and inspiration and to contribute to strengthened research capacity in the Netherlands and in the focus regions/countries studied.
The budget available with which one knowledge brokering and synthesis project can be funded will be €300,000.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
The granted project has a maximum duration of 5 years and will have to run in parallel to the three thematic projects funded under the SDG Interactions programme.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- NWO invites applications from consortia with relevant experience in the field of knowledge brokering and synthesis, including networking, knowledge translation and policy influence.
- All consortium members have to be involved in the development and in the execution of the KBS project. Consortia, consisting of organisations from various disciplines and backgrounds from across the globe, may apply for funding under this call.
- The minimum requirements for an eligible consortium are that one main applicant holds a senior position at a research organisation in the Netherlands, and that one applicant and/or cooperation partner holds a senior position at a research position located in a developing country.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
Proposals will be assessed on the basis of the following two criteria:
- Quality of the proposal
- Quality of the consortium
The criteria are weighted equally. The assessment criteria are operationalised on a number of sub-aspects.
For more information, visit https://www.nwo.nl/en/funding/our-funding-instruments/nwa/dutch-research-agenda–theme-knowledge-brokering-and-synthesis/dutch-research-agenda–theme-knowledge-brokering-and-synthesis.html