The Partnership for Maternal, NewBorn & Child Health (PMNCH) is seeking proposals for the services of an institution to support high-quality knowledge products on women’s, children’s and adolescents’ health (WCAH), including vetting knowledge resources for advocacy and action.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to enter into a contractual agreement with a successful bidder and select a suitable contractor to support high-quality and impactful knowledge products and ensure quality control for knowledge resources on women’s, children’s and adolescents’ health (WCAH).
The scope of work includes quality assurance and control for PMNCH evidence products, in support of PMNCH’s knowledge translation on WCAH, with a strong focus on COVID-19 and WCAH.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The institution is expected to support:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- researching, updating and vetting resources for PMNCH’s repositories of COVID-19 related resources on women’s, children’s and adolescents’ health;
- ensuring the review and quality control of strategic WCAH knowledge products including but not limited to COVID-19 and WCAH toolkits, e.g. assessing the resources and material in light of the PMNCH Publications Policy; and
- advising PMNCH on priority and policy-relevant evidence and knowledge products to be considered for dissemination, and supporting knowledge translation for advocacy and action on key priority issues
- The provider shall be
- for profit
- not for profit institution operating in the field of public health with proven expertise in issues on Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (SRMNCAH).
- Previous work with WHO, other international organizations and/or major institutions in the field of: women’s, children’s and adolescents’ health along the continuum of life course is required.
- Proven experience in: Knowledge Management and Synthesis, Scientific Research, Knowledge Translation, Data Validation, Quality Assurance and Analysis is required.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Staff dedicated to this work should be of a sufficient number and/or hours to ensure quality oversight and to provide the deliverables within the hard timelines set.
- Appropriate staffing should be evident in the bidder’s proposal. The bidder or at least one member of the bidding team must provide evidence of the key requirements and experience in their CVs and include at least one person involved in this scope of work with a PhD or Research-level degree in: Public/Global health, Epidemiology, Health Policy, Planning and Finance, Demography, the Social Sciences or equivalent degree area.
- The team should put forth a multi-discplinary skill mix relevant to the comprehensive continuum of SRMNCAH, along with key cross-cutting competencies around equity, multi-sectoral action, health financing, social determinants of health, UHC and health systems strengthening.
The institution must have the following skills evident in their team and be clear which team member is managing which task:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Knowledge and proven experience working on developing technical documents; conducting analysis and reviews on SRMNCAH; reviewing and upholding quality of SRMNCAH knowledge products
- Multi-discplinary skill-set relevant to the continuum of SRMNCAH
- Prior experience in critically appraising and reviewing evidence on SRMNCAH
- Expert knowledge of WHO guidelines and recommendations relating to WCAH
- Ability to collate and synthesize information from a range of sources and multiple stakeholders and develop a coherent narrative and messaging
- Prior experience working with UN organizations or WHO
- Prior experience in editing documents for UN agencies, including WHO
- Familiarity with the work of PMNCH as well as the Partnership’s broader role within the sexual, reproductive, maternal, newborn and child, and adolescent health (SRMNCAH), institutional frameworks.
- Proven experience in coordinating projects and synthesizing scientific and technical information for advocacy and communications purposes.
- Prior experience working on developing toolkits and knowledge briefs is desirable, with a strong focus on digital outputs.
For more information, visit https://www.who.int/pmnch/getinvolved/rfps/en/