Deadline: 9 October 2019
The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation is currently accepting applications for its Inlaks Research Travel Grants 2019.
The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation has been supporting innovative work in research and scholarship for more than four decades. The Inlaks Research Travel Grant assists registered PhD. students at Indian universities to undertake short-term visits to institutions abroad to collect material, use facilities and consult experts.
The award offers financial support for a maximum of 3 months at an university/institution/library abroad and includes:
- An air-fare allowance (reimbursable max GBP 700)
- Maintenance expenses at a modest rate
The applicants must
- Be a registered PhD candidate at an Indian university for at least two years but not more than four years at the time of the application.
- Have a first class degree at the Bachelor’s (Honours) and Master’s level.
- Must be under 35 years of age as on 31 December in the year of application.
- Be an Indian citizen, currently resident in India.
- The award is given only in Humanities and Social Sciences related subjects
The candidate will be expected to go through a two-tier selection process.
- A first round of short-listing on the basis of the written evidence submitted.
- Second and final round of an interview.
- A sample of written work (3000-5000 words) on the subject of research should accompany the application. This should preferably be a draft chapter (with full annotation and documentation) as part of the PhD thesis along with details regarding the reading list, surveys or any other work done towards the thesis.
- Evidence of positive communication with the resource person or institution abroad and an agreement of the arrangements made.
- Written evidence from the applicant’s PhD supervisor stating:
- The candidate’s ability, focus and progress in the work done under her/his supervision
- The candidate’s need to go abroad
- That the funds for the visit abroad cannot be obtained from any other source
- Two letters of references.
- The duly filled-in forms and the other details must be scanned and sent via email.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.inlaksfoundation.org/irtg/inlaks-travel-and-research-grant/