Deadline: 9 October 2019
The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation is currently accepting applications for its Inlaks Research Travel Grants 2019.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation has been supporting innovative work in research and scholarship for more than four decades. The Inlaks Research Travel Grant assists registered PhD. students at Indian universities to undertake short-term visits to institutions abroad to collect material, use facilities and consult experts.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The award offers financial support for a maximum of 3 months at an university/institution/library abroad and includes:
- An air-fare allowance (reimbursable max GBP 700)
- Maintenance expenses at a modest rate
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The applicants must
- Be a registered PhD candidate at an Indian university for at least two years but not more than four years at the time of the application.
- Have a first class degree at the Bachelor’s (Honours) and Master’s level.
- Must be under 35 years of age as on 31 December in the year of application.
- Be an Indian citizen, currently resident in India.
- The award is given only in Humanities and Social Sciences related subjects
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
The candidate will be expected to go through a two-tier selection process.
- A first round of short-listing on the basis of the written evidence submitted.
- Second and final round of an interview.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- A sample of written work (3000-5000 words) on the subject of research should accompany the application. This should preferably be a draft chapter (with full annotation and documentation) as part of the PhD thesis along with details regarding the reading list, surveys or any other work done towards the thesis.
- Evidence of positive communication with the resource person or institution abroad and an agreement of the arrangements made.
- Written evidence from the applicant’s PhD supervisor stating:
- The candidate’s ability, focus and progress in the work done under her/his supervision
- The candidate’s need to go abroad
- That the funds for the visit abroad cannot be obtained from any other source
- Two letters of references.
- The duly filled-in forms and the other details must be scanned and sent via email.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.inlaksfoundation.org/irtg/inlaks-travel-and-research-grant/