Deadline: 15 August 2019
Partners of the Americas (Partners), the U.S. Department of State (DOS), NAFSA: Association of International Educators, in partnership with Cementos Progreso has announced a new 2019 Innovation Fund grant competition designed to increase partnerships between higher education institutions (HEIs) in the United States with HEIs in Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras.
The 100,000 Strong in the Americas Innovation Fund is the public-private sector collaboration between the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Embassies, Partners of the Americas, NAFSA, corporations, and foundations working together to support new higher education partnerships between the United States and the rest of the Western Hemisphere.
Eligible Academic Fields of Study
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Grant proposals should focus on themes of Environmental Studies and Sustainability with special emphasis on addressing solutions to environmental issues and challenges in the United States, Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras. Eligible academic areas include, but are not limited to:
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH)
- Water Treatment
- Water Management
- Water Pollution Prevention
- Natural Resource Management
- Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Engineering for Environmental Sustainability
- Alternative and Renewable Energy
- Waste Management: Reuse & Recycling
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Political Science
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The intent of this 2019 Innovation Fund Competition is to award up to eight (8) Innovation Fund grants of $25,000 to selected proposals, pending final evaluation.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Higher education institutions that are successful in implementing Innovation Fund grants will:
- Create/strengthen partnerships between HEIs in the U.S. and Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, which would not have taken place without the Innovation Fund grant;
- Promote and implement new student exchange and/or training opportunities for students in the U.S. and Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador;
- Promote project-based learning for students to work in teams toward the “Action Projects”;
- Increase student and faculty mobility between the U.S. Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador;
- Engage and collaborate with the Innovation Fund and other stakeholders to share lessons learned from the proposed grant program.
- Higher education institutions (HEIs) located in the United States, Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador are eligible to apply for this new Innovation Fund Competition. This grant competition seeks to receive proposals from a diversity of HEIs, such as four-year and shorter-term degreeissuing higher education institutions, universities (public and private), colleges, community colleges, technical schools, and other post-secondary institutions with credit-bearing programs.
- The intention is to select diverse HEI teams and to secure representation from a broad diversity of institutional profiles and ensure the greatest possibility of replication across HEIs for sustainability of proposed Innovation Fund programming in the United States and in Central America.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit this link.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.