Deadline: 31 May 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for “Climate Chance Summit – Africa 2019” which will take place in Accra from October 16th until October 18th at the International Conference Center in Accra. It will be a wide gathering of 1000 non-state actors fighting climate change on the African continent, including local governments, businesses, trade unions, environmental NGO’s, farmers, women and youth organisations, researchers,etc. It will highlight the engagement of Ghana and more broadly the African actors in fighting climate change.
- They call on applicants, non-state actors committed to the fight against climate change in Africa, to share their initiatives, innovations and actions on the continent. This call for proposals mainly aims to identify relevant actors and particularly good practices replicable on a large scale in Africa.
- Local authorities, businesses, NGOs, trade unions, scientists, representatives from agricultural, youth, women and indigenous organisations, educators, citizens, applicants are all invited to take part in this call for proposals to:
- Strengthen African sectoral coalitions from the 2018 Climate Chance – Africa Summit in Abidjan by comparing their experience to other international experiences.
- Enhance the work of the 2019 Climate Chance Africa Summit in Accra by sharing case studies in order to analyse past successes and challenges.
- Feed the Cartography for action in order to highlight initiatives from the African continent and disseminate them.
- Access to climate finance in Africa.
- Developing African cities in a sustainable way.
- Agriculture, food and reforestation in Africa.
- Renewable energy and energy efficiency in Africa.
- Mobility and sustainable transport in Africa.
- Adaptation and Water in Africa.
- Sustainable Building and Construction in Africa.
- Education and Training on Climate Change in Africa.
- Circular economy in Africa.
Before applicants start, please make sure that the project:
- The project is undertaken by a non-state actor (business, NGO, local community, association, network).
- Concerns one of the following topics :
- Access to climate finance in Africa
- Developing African cities in a sustainable way
- food and reforestation in Africa
- Renewable energy and energy efficiency in Africa
- Mobility and sustainable transport in Africa
- Adaptation and Water in Africa
- Sustainable Building and Construction in Africa
- Circular Economy in Africa.
- Contributions will be reviewed and selected by Climate Chance’s Scientific Committee.
- The list of selected contributions will be announced around 20th June 2019.
- Contributors are responsible for registering for the Climate Chance Africa Summit 2019.
- Contributors are also responsible for taking care of their travel and accommodation.
- Unselected contributions will not receive compensation benefits.
- The selected contributors authorise the Climate Chance Association to reuse and communicate their work, in compliance with copyright following the summit.
- The Climate Chance Summit Organizing Committee is the only decision-making body for all summit issues.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.climate-chance.org/en/climate-chance-africa-summit-2019/call_for_proposals/