Deadline: 22 February 2020
The Swiss NGO cfd (The Feminist Peace Organization) has announced a Call for Concept Notes for “Combating root causes of Gender-Based Violence (GBV) in Gaza”.
cfd is a peace and development organisation working towards gender equality, the empowerment of women and participation of women in conflict resolution and peace building efforts.
Cfd engages in the following sectors: prevention of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV), income generation and social and political inclusion. They are independent of political and religious affiliation and oriented towards a vision of a good life for every human being, regardless of gender, ethnic background and religion.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Gender Based Violence (GBV) in the Gaza Strip is a key protection and health concern. The current humanitarian crisis and the strict siege in the Gaza Strip for over 14 years has exacerbated GBV in all its forms, including sexual violence, domestic violence and child marriage.
The awarded project should address issues of GBV and underlying root causes with a focus on prevention, complemented with activities of protection and/or prosecution of GBV. The program should be based on a Human-Rights Based Approach (HRBA). Furthermore, cfd is looking for innovate and sustainable approaches in combating GBV, also reflecting on current discussions around gender values and norms in society.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The following interventions are particularly favoured:
- Interventions that are of holistic nature and implement a gender-inclusive approach engaging men and boys.
- Interventions that focus on youth males and females (as a prevention strategy and agents of changes on GBV) are highly encouraged.
- Interventions that combine GBV approaches with economic empowerment (for example employ ability).
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The applicant’s proposal should be within the prescribed scope taking into consideration the following criteria:
- Project Scope:
- Gender-based Violence (GBV) and social inclusion: The proposal should be relevant for the prevention, protection and/or prosecution of GBV in Gaza.
- Innovation & Creativity: cfd is looking for innovative approaches especially in the field of prevention, in working with youth and also integrating men and boys as agents of change.
- Context & Problem Analysis: The project description demonstrates an in-depth, facts-based problem analysis (please mention own researches).
- Theory of change: Explain the project’s envisaged theory of change.
- Outcomes, Outputs and Activities: Elaborate on how you aim to achieve the relevant theory of change.
- Sustainability: Elaborate on the sustainability of the project and its impact on the target group(s) beyond the project duration.
- Target Group: Palestinian girls and women. The engagement of men and boys as agents of change is desired (indirect target group).
- Age: not specified though a focus on youth is highly desired.
- Background: particularly from marginalized areas with limited access to prevention, protection and/or prosecution support.
- Project location: all of Gaza and particularly marginalized areas.
- Duration of the project:
- Inception phase: July – December 2021
- First program cycle (after evaluation of inception phase): January 2022 to December 2024.
- Upon project performance, a second and third program cycle can be granted.
- Yearly budget:
- July to December 2020: up to USD 40’000 (6 months, depending on project start)
- January to December 2021: up to USD 75’000.
Note: The project will not cover expenses for infrastructure, vehicles, scholarships, travel abroad or extensive research.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Eligible organizations: local Women’s Non-Governmental Organizations, Feminist Organizations, Youth Organizations and other interested NGOs with defined gender sensitive strategies as well as qualified staff and proven experience in the field of gender, SGBV and women’s empowerment.
- Legal status: Organisations have to be registered as NGOs in Gaza and the West Bank having been operating for at least three years.
- Audit report: Organizations must present certified financial audit reports for the past 2 years (selection criteria of the full proposal).
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Interested organizations who meet the aforementioned criteria are invited to fill out the application form consisting of:
- Part I: Concept Notes Templates and
- Part II: Organizational Assessment Template.
- The application form has to be submitted in word-format.
- Prepare the required annexes mentioned as a compressed file. Complete applications consisting of filled in template and mentioned annexes should be sent via email at the address given on the website.
- Please note that only organizations with completed application forms and all mentioned annexes in the application form will be considered.
For more information, visit https://www.cfd-ch.org/en/projects/projects-abroad/palestine/call-for-proposal-318.html