Deadline: 1 August 2020
Mary’s Pence is seeking applications to fund projects in the US and Canada that increase the economic security of women and amplify women’s voices in their communities. They supports efforts for systemic change that improves the status of women.
Mary’s Pence was founded by women to support women on the margins at a time when women-led social justice projects were overlooked and under-funded. More than 30 years later, an all-woman board and staff – along with the women, men, churches, and religious congregations who support Mary’s Pence – continue the still necessary work of their founders by providing funding and holistic support to women working for justice in Central America, Mexico, the United States and Canada.
Projects Mary’s Pence funds are:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Women led – for the benefit of cis women, trans women, non-binary people and their families.
- Community centered – emerging from a need identified within the community, and collaboratively developed by and led by members of the community, flexible enough to meet new, changing or emerging needs.
- Focused on social justice values – the values of human dignity, the common good, the right to economic security and dignified work, care for the earth, participation, subsidiarity (decisions are made at the most local level possible and involve those most impacted) and nonviolence.
- Working for long term sustainable social change – addressing underlying causes of injustice by:
- Shifting public opinion about justice issues,
- Forming alliances and collaborations across diverse populations,
- Creating change in unjust structure or policies, or
- Building capacity by building skills – leadership, organizing or other skills.
An applicant can receive a grant up to three times. Annual awards are a maximum of $5,000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Organizations in the U.S. and Canada are eligible for funding.
- Organizations must have a budget of under $200,000.
- Only organizations in Latin America who have received a grant in the past may reapply.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
You can submit your grant applications online via given website.
For more information, visit https://www.maryspence.org/what-we-do/grants/grant-eligibility/
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.