Deadline: 18 January 2019
Nominations are open for IOC Women and Sport Awards which are given to women, men or organisations who have made remarkable contributions to the development, encouragement and reinforcement of women’s participation in sport.
The IOC Women and Sport trophies are awarded annually to promote the advancement of gender equality in sport. They recognise outstanding achievement and contributions made to develop, encourage and strengthen the participation of women and girls at all levels in the sports world in order to close the gender gap.
Introduced in 2000, the award highlights role models and change agents in the pursuit of gender equality. Six trophies are distributed each year, one for each of the five continents and one at world level.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The winners’ work to promote gender equality through different projects is also supported with a grant to help them continue and extend their work.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Six (6) Trophies are awarded each year as follows:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The IOC Women and Sport Award may be awarded to:
- an individual (man or woman), such as:
- a retired athlete (a “retired athlete” is an athlete no longer involved in elite competitive sport)
- an administrator
- a coach
- a journalist, writer
- a sponsor
- an academic
- an institution, such as:
- a National Olympic Committee
- an International Federation
- a National Federation
- a Continental Association
- a sport club
- In recognition of outstanding contribution to promote the advancement of gender equality, such as:
- The participation of women and girls in sport and physical activities.
- Educating or raising awareness on gender issues.
- Creating an inclusive culture by challenging gender inequality in their organization.
- The coaching of women and girls in sport and physical activity.
- Supporting and coaching of women in administrative and leadership sports structures.
- Fostering the inclusion of women in sport in the media.
- Acting as a role model and championing gender equality.
Note: An active athlete, a team, an IOC Member and IOC Women in Sport Commission Members will NOT
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2FJ0TaF