Deadline: 10 March 2020
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) have partnered to launch an urgent call for innovation to find and reward solutions for strengthening national health systems in the area of breast and cervical cancer prevention.
This can include early detection, diagnosis and treatment by expanding and scaling-up capacities for effective, safe and sustainable cancer services.
IsDB and IAEA have been working together over the past decade to deliver tangible results to address cancer prevention, screening, diagnostics and treatment services for women in common Member Countries. This collaboration has led to the realisation that there is an urgent need to further expand the IsDB-IAEA partnership to forcefully tackle the issue of women’s cancers.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The competition would be held under two categories. The applicant is expected to submit the application to any of the two categories:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Low cost early detection and diagnostic solutions.
- Capacity building projects. (such as training, awareness campaigns, research centres, etc)
- Two winners from each category would be selected for the prize.
- The prize shall include a cash award as well as a certificate of recognition.
- The suggested cash award for each category shall be as given (based on international benchmarking).
- 1st category – 2 prizes of USD $50,000.00 each
- 2nd category – 2 prizes of USD $50,000.00 each
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Scientists, Innovators, SMEs, Private Firms, Non-Governmental Organizations, Governments and Academic or Research and Development Institutions around the world, which have project proposals that innovatively contribute to the following thematic areas are eligible to apply:
- Expansion of national breast and cervical cancer awareness raising programs;
- Development of early cancer detection, diagnostic, and national preventive programs including sustainable and effective HPV vaccination programs;
- Capacity building of cancer care professionals as well as upgrading of cancer care facilities.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
The winning proposals have to match the following criteria:
- INNOVATIVENESS: the proposal must involve creative technologies or solutions and demonstrate an innovative way in applying scientific principles to improve breast and cervical cancer prevention, early detection, diagnosis and treatment in the Middle and Low Income Countries;
- IMPACT AND OUTREACH: the proposal will have to demonstrate that the project will be able to deliver measurable results that enhance access to effective, quality, and affordable cancer services for women in need.
- SUSTAINABILITY: the proposal should demonstrate sustainable efforts towards fighting breast cancer and cervical cancer.
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, visit https://www.isdb.org/news/isdb-launches-call-for-innovation-to-save-women%E2%80%99s-lives-from-cancer-0