Deadline: 23 February 2020
Although the situation of women in the world has recently improved to some extent compared to the past decade, still, women earn on average 20% less than men do and own less than 20% of land. Moreover, one in three women is at the risk of experiencing sexual or physical violence in her life.
France is fully mobilized, promoting ambitious measures in this field. In September 2018 before the United Nations, the president of France, Emmanuel Macron, called for women’s rights to become a “great global cause.” Fighting inequality, particularly between men and women, has been a common thread of the French Presidency of the G7. During the Biarritz Summit, Heads of States and Governments of the G7 launched an international coalition to fight gender inequality, which was called “the Biarritz Partnership for Gender Equality”. Furthermore, in July 2020 France will host the Generation Equality Forum in Paris, a global gathering for gender equality, convened by UN Women and co-chaired by France and Mexico, in partnership with civil society.
Therefore, and in alignment with the French International strategy for gender equality 2018-2020, the Embassy of France in Jordan is launching a call for three projects in the field of gender equality conducted by local organizations in Jordan.
Nature of Proposals
The association/ organization is free to submit a project at 10 000 € maximum (Equivalent to 7874 JoD) under any format and activity. This funding is for activity organizing purposes, any requests for purchasing materials or equipment will be rejected.
The project should support civil society activities related to Gender equality in one or more of the following 4 fields :
- Reinforcing gender based violence protection.
- Promoting women’s economic participation.
- Enhancing access for public and social services (transportation/ health/ education).
- Promoting a more gender-sensitive environment.
- Only national and local non-governmental and non-profit organizations.
- Duration of the project must not exceed 1 year and must take place in Jordan.
- Projects outside Amman are encouraged.
Selection procedure and announcement of the selected projects
The three selected projects will be notified by email no later than mid-March. Projects that have not been selected will receive an email notification by early April.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications by email at the address given on the website, and include the name of their organization as well as “Gender equality call for projects 2020” in the title of the email.
- Please download the application form via given website.
- Fill out the application form in Arabic or English versions. The document must not exceed 5 pages.
- Attach the registration certificate of your organisation to the email.
- Provide your project timeline as well as a detailed budget.
For more information, visit https://jo.ambafrance.org/Call-for-projects-on-Gender-Equality-2020